• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Kanstul has a Web page of mouthpieces that are inspired by Wick.

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=One%20Piece&PmSeries=WK%20Series

Are they exact copies of the Wick mouthpieces,
or are they variants that differ from the real Wicks in some way?

Also, Kanstul has a page of modular Wick parts.

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=Modular&PmSeries=W%20Series&PmType=Top

But I don't understand why the mouthpiece numbers do not correspond to the diameters that real Wicks would have.

For example, the Kanstul Wick 2's modulars have diameters of 17.25 mm instead of 17.00 mm.
But the Kanstul Wick 2's one-piece on the previous Web page are 17.00 mm.

Then I am confused by the backbore Web page.

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=Modular&PmType=Backbore

Why is the throat listed as part of the top and the backbore?
A 2-piece mouthpiece cannot have 2 throats of different sizes.

Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=One%20Piece&PmSeries=WK%20Series

or are they variants that differ from the Wicks in some way?

Hi Eddie

Although there is a slight difference in the blank, and I have no idea of their shank dimensions or how far they insert into the receiver compared to Denis Wick cornet mouthpieces, my understanding is that they are simply copies of the Denis Wick no letter cups.

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=Modular&PmSeries=W%20Series&PmType=Top

No, these are not modular copies of Denis Wick components. With regards to the W series modular cornet mouthpieces, this is W for Warburton (rather than WK for Wick), and these are copies of Warburton modular tops, hence the numbering system corresponding to the Warburton models.

But I don't understand why the mouthpiece numbers do not correspond to the diameters that real Wicks would have.

For example, the Kanstul Wick 2's modulars have diameters of 17.25 mm instead of 17.00 mm.

This is because of the reason I said above. I've haven't checked, but a Warburton 2 diameter probably does have a cup diameter of 17.25mm, since the Warburton 3 diameter has a cup diameter of 17.00mm.

As you can see, the cup diameters of the WK series one piece cornet mouthpieces do match those of the Denis Wick no letter cups:

http://www.normans.co.uk/images/pdfs/DenisWickMouthpieceChart.pdf

I don't think that Kanstul have included the Denis Wick mouthpieces in their modular mouthpiece system, because the one piece models are short shank cornet mouthpieces rather than long shanked, like the other cornet models in the Kanstul modular mouthpiece range, and there wouldn't be much point making short shank modular Denis Wick backbores to go with the tops, as you wouldn't gain anything, since all the Denis Wick no letter cups already have the same backbore. The Denis Wick B cups have a different backbore to the B cups according to the link above, but Kanstul don't make a version of the Denis Wick B mouthpieces.

I really hope that this will help.

Take Care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Thank you for the info.

I was hoping that some company might make mouthpieces that have exact copies of the Wick 2 diameters and rims, but with different choices of cups.

Looks like Kanstul is no such company.

I should be happy with what I have anyway.
My mouthpieces play OK,
and I have more important things on which to spend my limited retirement income.

I'm glad I had you around to explain the world of Kanstul to me.

Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Thank you for the info.

Hi Eddie

You are very welcome.

I was hoping that some company might make mouthpieces that have exact copies of the Wick 2 diameters and rims, but with different choices of cups.

Looks like Kanstul is no such company.

No, not in their standard range anyhow, which is just modular copies of popular mouthpiece ranges, with the advantage of being able to match different backbores with different tops.

When Jim New was at Kanstul, he could have done this for you as a custom order. I'm not sure how Kanstul are now set-up in this regard.

However, Jim New has his own mouthpiece business under the name of James R New, and his prices are very reasonable:

http://james-r-new.com/

I should be happy with what I have anyway.
My mouthpieces play OK,
and I have more important things on which to spend my limited retirement income.

I fully understand, but if you are ever interested in going this route, in my opinion, Jim New would be the one to ask.

I'm glad I had you around to explain the world of Kanstul to me.

You are very welcome. I have quite a few Kanstul (and now James R New) components, so understand how there model numbers work.

Take Care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:

They're not "inspired" by Wick, they're clones of Wicks...

But they're not necessarily identical to "my" Denis Wicks, or "your" Denis Wicks - they're clones of "an" example of each model that Kanstul happened to have available to scan.

The Wick pieces have changed over time - so the age of the pieces Kanstul scanned and cloned will determine what their reproductions are like, and whether they're what you expect.

One of the forum members here (GordonH) has documented some details of the changes to Wick's over time on his personal blog (which I can't remember the address of).

Quote:

As Lou already pointed out, the WK series is Wick copies (and that's the one-piece link you posted in the previous quote), and the W series are Warburton parts (which is the link in this quote).

You'll also find that Kanstul's mouthpiece catalogue doesn't contain original measurements or observations - they didn't measure the ID of the clones they sell and list the actual ID of their copy... they just used the stated ID from the catalogue of the original manufacturer (and the model descriptions, too)...
Which brings up some interesting contradictions with the comparator itself - for example, Kanstul's catalogue would tell you that a Mt Vernon 3C top (16.30mm) is going to be quite a lot SMALLER than a Warburton 5D (16.50mm)... then scoot on over to the comparator and find that the complete opposite is actually the case.
Given that Kanstul has the scans available and could easily have given accurate* ID figures for the pieces they offer, this just seems lazy and needlessly inaccurate, doesn't it?

*In as much as "accurate" is possible - there doesn't seem to be any point of agreement between manufacturers as to exactly what point the ID should be measured at, so while each manufacturer could (and most do) measure their pieces accurately at their chosen spot, those measurements aren't necessarily helpful for comparing pieces made by different manufacturers.
I suppose what I should have said is "consistent" ID figures, meaning that they could have measured all their pieces at the same point.

Quote:

http://kanstul.com/mouthpiece.php?PmInstrument=Cornet&PmPieces=Modular&PmType=Backbore

If you were to make 2-piece copies of the Wicks, they'd have to use shorter backbore sections, which would be doable (Warburton already does it with their BC series) but there'd be a limited practical usefulness to it. Mostly because there aren't whole series of different backbore profiles already in existance for Kanstul to scan that would suit the "tops" you'd make of these (quite aside from which, there probably isn't the market to make it worthwhile, either).

I will correct you on one thing, though - a 2-piece mouthpiece CAN have 2 throats of different sizes.
I don't personally choose to use pieces like that, but I've tried it in the past and it does work (better when the backbore part has the larger throat, admittedly, but it will work either way to some extent).

As an interesting aside, some older mouthpieces even had the backbores drilled in steps (Zottola's, for example) so that if you looked up them from the shank end you'd see a series of "steps" as the bore size increased as different bits had been drilled in to different depths, rather than the smooth profile you see on all quality modern pieces that I'm aware of.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That price is pretty expensive for a copy...
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:

Hi Eddie

Sorry I missed this part. TKSop has already clarified this, but I thought that I'd add my explanation. If you look at a scan of a whole mouthpiece, you will see that the throat portion has a length rather than just a diameter (I believe the throat also has a taper rather than being completely cylindrical, but lets not complicate things).

My understanding is that a one piece mouthpiece design is divided into a modular top and a modular backbore at a specific point along the length of the throat, so that a specified percentage of the throat length is in the modular top, and a specified percentage is in the modular backbore. I believe that this varies with manufacturer, as a UK mouthpiece tech once advised me when converting a Bach 3C with an uncomfortable rim into a modular Bach 10 backbore, that he would need to also have my Kanstul 3C top to hand, so that he could ensure that he divided the one piece Bach 3C at the right place to create the correct throat length, so that the resulting backbore when combined with my Kanstul top, would create a 3C with a Bach 3C throat length.

For this reason, although the industry standard is to use Warburton threads for modular tops and backbores, you don't necessarily get the correct throat length, even if you combine components from different manufacturers, which are copies of the same original mouthpiece.

Regarding the throat diameter, like TKSop said, ideally the throat size of the top and backbores should match, but since most tops with Warburton threads will fit most backbore with Warburton threads, it is possible to combine a top with a backbore with a different throat size. Again like TKSop said, the resultant mouthpiece generally plays better with the larger throat size in the backbore, but works to a certain extent either way.

I hope that this will help.

Take Care

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Eddie Jeffries wrote:

Hi Eddie

Sorry I missed this part. TKSop has already clarified this, but I thought that I'd add my explanation. If you look at a scan of a whole mouthpiece, you will see that the throat portion has a length rather than just a diameter (I believe the throat also has a taper rather than being completely cylindrical, but lets not complicate things).

My understanding is that a one piece mouthpiece design is divided into a modular top and a modular backbore at a specific point along the length of the throat, so that a specified percentage of the throat length is in the modular top, and a specified percentage is in the modular backbore. I believe that this varies with manufacturer, as a UK mouthpiece tech once advised me when converting a Bach 3C with an uncomfortable rim into a modular Bach 10 backbore, that he would need to also have my Kanstul 3C top to hand, so that he could ensure that he divided the one piece Bach 3C at the right place to create the correct throat length, so that the resulting backbore when combined with my Kanstul top, would create a 3C with a Bach 3C throat length.

For this reason, although the industry standard is to use Warburton threads for modular tops and backbores, you don't necessarily get the correct throat length, even if you combine components from different manufacturers, which are copies of the same original mouthpiece.

Regarding the throat diameter, like TKSop said, ideally the throat size of the top and backbores should match, but since most tops with Warburton threads will fit most backbore with Warburton threads, it is possible to combine a top with a backbore with a different throat size. Again like TKSop said, the resultant mouthpiece generally plays better with the larger throat size in the backbore, but works to a certain extent either way.

Take Care

Lou

I think there is a difference in what we mean by "throat".

In the 45 years that I have been playing,
the throat is the smallest part of the opening in the mouthpiece.
Everything beyond the throat is the backbore.

I didn't know that some people use different definitions.

TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:

Everything beyong the throat is the backbore.

Hi Eddie,

I'm not sure there is a difference in what we mean by the throat, at least going by how I'm reading your statement...

Yes, it's the smallest part of the opening, that is - it's the the section between the cup and the backbore (almost always with some kind of transitioning section between cup and throat, sometimes referred to as the "second cup" or the "throat entrance").

I suppose you could argue that if we're talking about a top+backbore combination, and the cylindrical "drill" section is not the same in the two pieces, then the smaller one is the throat size...
But functionally, (if my understanding is correct) the larger section of cylindrical bore functions as part of the throat, not as part of the backbore - and in feel, it feels like the throat size were drilled at a value between the two drill-sizes, not as if it were a very short throat of the smaller size combined with a very large backbore - or atleast, that has been my experience having modified (and in some cases ruined) several backbores experimenting a few years back.

(Edit... that wasn't well worded, removed.)

All the best.
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Eddie Jeffries wrote:

Hi Eddie

Take Care

Lou

Everything beyond the throat is the backbore.

Hi Eddie

I don't know. I understand it as how shown of the following diagram, or at least how I perceive the diagram:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Trumpet_mouthpiece_cut-away_numbered.svg

i.e. with the throat being between the cup and the backbore and having a length as well as diameter.

I'm however not a mouthpiece maker, and looking at the diagram I posted, I can't really say where the throat ends and backbore starts.

If the throat is only the very narrowest part, then for both a top and backbore to have a throat and throat size, the point at which a modular top and modular backbore join when screwed together, must be the very narrowest part and the position of the throat.

I honestly think that in reality the throat has a length, and the modular top and modular top join within it.

I suppose it would depend over what length the throat is completely cylindrical rather than tapered, as with a cylinder, the narrowest point is obviously throughout its entire length.

To be honest, I think that we are probably over complicating things. For the purpose of the OPs question, there is naturally a hole in the bottom of the top, and in the top of the backbore, and ideally these should be the same size.

Hopefully one of the mouthpiece techs will clarify the definition of a mouthpiece throat.

Take Care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
I don't know. I understand it as how shown of the following diagram, or at least how I perceive the diagram:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Trumpet_mouthpiece_cut-away_numbered.svg

i.e. with the throat being between the cup and the backbore and having a length as well as diameter.

Lou

My computer is getting a blank page at that Web site.

For more than 45 years I have always understood the throat to be a specific point in the passageway of the mouthpiece, with everything beyond that point being the backbore.

I have never thought of the throat as having a length, because a point doesn't have a length.

If the throat has a length, then how does one determine where the throat stops and the backbore begins?

I'm not arguing.
I'm just trying to understand the alternate definition of throat.

I have noticed that much, much terminology difference is generational.

Like young people insisting that High A is a "Double A".

And I was 50 years old before I heard anyone say "water key" instead of spit valve.

And I still get confused when someone says "alpha angle".
When I was younger, we talked about that part of the mouthpiece without using that term.

And today people everywhere say "flounder" when they mean "founder".
Most people don't know the difference between "lay" and "lie".
Most people don't know the difference between "you and I"
and "you and me".

Young whippersnappers destroying the English language.

But I think it's OK to say "windscreen" instead of "windshield" because you British people say it with such a classy accent

Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all throats are a single narrow point, though. Some throats have a short cylindrical length. Here's an excerpt attributed to Scott Laskey, posted on the Dallas Music site:

"...Any change in intonation, however, will be as much a function of throat shape as it is throat size. A tapered throat is where the throat dimension is a single point in either a constant or dual taper; a cylindrical throat is where the throat is actually a cylinder in the mouthpiece having the same width over a certain length. Some throats are made of parts of each. Opening the throat with a drill, without adjusting for any taper in the throat, will turn a tapered throat into a cylindrical one. As a general rule, the longer the cylindrical section in the throat, the more focus or center to the sound, but the more it tends to condense or shrink the octaves, meaning the lower register goes sharp and the upper register becomes flat. As the cylinder is shortened (either from the backbore or the cup side) the octaves then augment or spread apart--all relative to the other aspects that makeup the mouthpiece."
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:

Lou

My computer is getting a blank page at that Web site.

Hi Eddie

That is odd, as when I click on the link in my post, it directs me to a numbered diagram of a trumpet mouthpiece.

For more than 45 years I have always understood the throat to be a specific point in the passageway of the mouthpiece, with everything beyond that point being the backbore.

I have never thought of the throat as having a length, because a point doesn't have a length.

If the throat has a length, then how does one determine where the throat stops and the backbore begins?

I'm not arguing.
I'm just trying to understand the alternate definition of throat.

The Scott Laskey excerpt posted by Dale Poster is an excellent explanation in my opinion, and it looks like we are both right, in that in the case of a tapered throat, the throat size is measured at a single point (presumably the narrowest point), whereas with a cylindrical throat, the throat size is the diameter of the entire length of the cylinder.

i.e. From the excerpt: A tapered throat is where the throat dimension is a single point in either a constant or dual taper; a cylindrical throat is where the throat is actually a cylinder in the mouthpiece having the same width over a certain length. Some throats are made of parts of each.

I believe that what is designated as the throat, and what is designated as the backbore, depends simply which portion is reemed out by the throat reamer or whatever tool is used to cut the throat, and which is reamed out by the backbore reamer or whatever tool is used to cut the backbore.

The following is from an email from Jim New, explaining the difference between his S backbore and a Bach 10 backbore. He speaks about the backbore tool being inserted deeper resulting in a shorter throat cylinder:

The S backbore is a Bach 10 backbore, same shape as the Kanstul backbore which was copy of a Bach 10. The only difference is that the tool is inserted deeper in the material than what most Bach 10’s are. This leaves a shorter throat cylinder and gives it a richer fuller sound quality. Back when Vincent Bach was alive he would often experiment with backbore depths. The mouthpiece Arturo owns and plays is one that has the backbore inserted deeper. If you prefer the “standard” depth, I can make a #10 depth as well.

I have noticed that much, much terminology difference is generational.

Like young people insisting that High A is a "Double A".

And I was 50 years old before I heard anyone say "water key" instead of spit valve.

And I still get confused when someone says "alpha angle".
When I was younger, we talked about that part of the mouthpiece without using that term.

I reckon that this must be a generational thing, as to me flounder is to struggle.

i.e. Taken from Bing:

floun|der1
[ˈflaʊndə]
VERB
struggle or stagger clumsily in mud or water:
"he was floundering about in the shallow offshore waters"
synonyms: struggle · thrash · thresh · flail · toss and turn · [More]
struggle mentally; show or feel great confusion:
"she floundered, not knowing quite what to say"
synonyms: struggle mentally · be out of one's depth · [More]
be in serious difficulty:
"many firms are floundering"
synonyms: struggle financially · be in dire straits ·

Whereas, founder is someone who started something.

i.e. Again from Bing:

found¦er1
[ˈfaʊndə]
NOUN
a person who establishes an institution or settlement.
"he was the founder of modern Costa Rica"
synonyms: originator · creator · initiator · institutor · instigator · [More]
zoology
an animal, especially a fertilized female insect, that founds a new colony.

However, this link suggests that you are also right:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/founder

Presumably in the first definition of founder in the link above, the word was at some time changed to flounder.

Most people don't know the difference between "lay" and "lie".
Most people don't know the difference between "you and I"
and "you and me".

I've got some idea of this, but I was born at the end of 1973, and when schooled in the 1980s, we weren't taught grammar like in the 1950s schooling documentary which I recently watched.

Young whippersnappers destroying the English language.

I blame changes in the education system, with the emphasis switching to content rather than grammar.

But I think it's OK to say "windscreen" instead of "windshield" because you British people say it with such a classy accent

I don't know about classy lol, being from the Essex/Suffolk border and having what is often termed as an estuary accent, vaguely London sounding without being cockney.

You Americans seem to have a problem with the names of car parts (I am joking). Trunk instead of boot, hood instead of bonnet, stick shift instead of manual, and what is wrong with "u"s (I'm again joking), favorite and color instead of favourite and colour. It is the English language so the English are definitely right (I'm of course joking and couldn't care less about differences in words used or spellings).

Take Care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:

I reckon that this must be a generational thing, as to me flounder is to struggle.

Lou

50 years ago "founder" meant to struggle to stay afloat.

"Flounder" was a fish.

But so many millions of people said "flounder" when they meant "founder" for so long that the dictionary finally gave in and let people change the meanings of the words.

I also hate it when people corrupt the difference between "may" and "might".

"I may go" indicates permission.
"I might go" indicates possibility.
(So "maybe" is an invalid word.)
But people everywhere have been saying "may" to indicate possibility for so long that the dictionary has probably given the OK to use "may" incorrectly, too.

I am so glad that in Heaven there will be no bad grammar

Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:

Lou

50 years ago "founder" meant to struggle to stay afloat.

"Flounder" was a fish.

But so many millions of people said "flounder" when they meant "founder" for so long that the dictionary finally gave in and let people change the meanings of the words.

I also hate it when people corrupt the difference between "may" and "might".

"I may go" indicates permission.
"I might go" indicates possibility.
(So "maybe" is an invalid word.)
But people everywhere have been saying "may" to indicate possibility for so long that the dictionary has probably given the OK to use "may" incorrectly, too.

Hi Eddie

It sounds like you a lot more educated regarding grammar than me.

Take Care

Lou

I am so glad that in Heaven there will be no bad grammar

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Eddie

Lou

Translation:
"Eddie, you're a nerd."

HornnOOb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:

Wick MP's aren't all that expensive, so I'm not sure why it would be advantageous to purchase a Wick clone?

Severinsen Destino 3*
1971 Getzen Eterna 900S Severinsen Model
1984 Getzen Eterna 896 Flugelhorn
1951 Olds Special Cornet

Denis Wick 1C Heavytop
Getzen Flugel 3C
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Eddie

Lou

Translation:
"Eddie, you're a nerd."

Hi Eddie

I'm sure you're not really. We all have things that are important to us, and presumably poor grammer is simply something which bothers you.

Take Care

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Eddie

Lou

Translation:
"Eddie, you're a nerd."

Hi Eddie

I'm sure you're not really. We all have things that are important to us, and presumably poor grammer is simply something which bothers you.

Take Care

Lou

I finally realized where I have heard your name before!!!!!!!!!!

In the book and movie "To Kill a Mockingbird",
Scout's real name was "Jean Louise Finch", the daughter of "Atticus Finch".

One of my favorite books and movies of all time.

Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul copies of Wick 2 ? Reply with quote

Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Eddie Jeffries wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Eddie

Lou

Translation:
"Eddie, you're a nerd."

Hi Eddie

Take Care

Lou

I finally realized where I have heard your name before!!!!!!!!!!

In the book and movie "To Kill a Mockingbird",
Scout's real name was "Jean Louise Finch", the daughter of "Atticus Finch".

One of my favorite books and movies of all time.

Hi Eddie

This has come up before on another forum. Although I've heard of the book, I am not aware of the plot or characters.

I am Louise Finch by marriage, my maiden name was Kidd.

Take Care

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: