• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Range Exercises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: New Range Exercises Reply with quote

I'm announcing my new range building book, BEYOND THE C: A Systematic Approach to Building the Trumpeter's Range. It has 16 series of exercises, each using a different approach. Many are exercises I like to use myself, which I have never seen in print before. My students have had much success with them, too. I'm certain that at least one of the series will work for everyone.

65 pages. Available in digital form or hard copy. You can find it at Hickman Music Editions. Enjoy!

Dave Hickman
lakejw
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that title is hilarious. Will give it a look, thanks!

johnlakejazz.com
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Range Exercises Reply with quote

trpt.hick wrote:
I'm announcing my new range building book, BEYOND THE C: A Systematic Approach to Building the Trumpeter's Range. It has 16 series of exercises, each using a different approach. Many are exercises I like to use myself, which I have never seen in print before. My students have had much success with them, too. I'm certain that at least one of the series will work for everyone.

65 pages. Available in digital form or hard copy. You can find it at Hickman Music Editions. Enjoy!

Dave Hickman

Part of that title seems sort of familiar.

Love the Beyond the C part!

Reminds me of my grand plans: If and when I manage to procure a sailing boat (gotta be big enough for the wife and I to cross the Atlantic but small enough for two to handle, say around 36 to 40 feet), it's going to be named High Seas. And if and when I get my dream offshore power boat (a Formula 271 or 292 Fastech) it's going to be named Double High Seas. (SWAMBO's taste in boats, specifically her opinion that Offshore Power Boats are "loud and smelly" dictates the order of procurement of said dream boats).
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn"t there a method book called "Sail the Seven Cs" or some such?

Steve
RussellDDixon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sail the Seven C's" by Clyde Hunt

http://www.bflatmusic.com/sevencs.html
Kanstul Claude Gordon Personal mouthpiece
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB

Last edited by dbacon on Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just writing a post on TrumpetMaster and mentioned Dave's new book:

"Dave Hickman put out a new book last week called 'Beyond the C'. It has several different approaches to the upper range and is quite an excellent book. He has a Schlossberg style - where you are descrescendo-ing as you ascend.. There is a soft chromatic Clarke style section.. Some great lip flexibilities..Irons style..lip trills, glissandos.. Then articulating into the upper register.. The way it's constructed is very intelligent and he basically advises to experiment with the approaches to see which on works the best for your chops...It's definitely worth owning - Dave is one of the leading trumpet teachers out there I believe: Hickman Music Editions:
Best, Lex
Www.LexSamu.com
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of this book and just started working with it today. Good book; just what I was looking for, and a lot more too. Sixteen different sets of exercises using different approaches. I've started with the ones that fit with what I want to do right now, and I'm looking forward to trying the others over time.
Piccolo Stomvi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: