• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Music Folder Management

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Charts at gig Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:
Being your own librarian is one of the most unpleasant things about having a band. That said, it's something you have to do and to make this easier (and lighter) estimate the length of the gig and pick tunes to cover the time and add extras for security. You may need several sets of folders to cover different gigs and most music stores are glad to give them to you. I'm not a fan of the electronic items some are using now. For my old eyes they are too small and only good under the correct lighting conditions which usually are found only in your practice room.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com

I used to think so too, but I tried out one of the recent ipad Pro's (the big screen model) and found it to be far more readable than conventional sheet music. Something about the backlighting makes it much easier on the eyes to the point I can get by without the normal music reading glasses I have to wear with paper. A real game changer for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: