• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Callet trumpets vs Callet Custom trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet.sanity
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Callet trumpets vs Callet Custom trumpets Reply with quote

Both are listed and will be venders at this year's ITG

So I understand Jerome Callet will be there with his current line of trumpets and mouthpieces under the "Callet Trumpet" name

Then, there will be another guy representing Callet Trumpets from years passed. Selling the old Jazz trumpets and flugelhorns, and his own mouthpieces under the "Callet Custom Trumpet" name.

From what I learned, Jerome retired about ten or so years ago. Sold his name, and designs when he retired. Then decided...nope, I want to continue to make new trumpets, and started with new designs.

So at the ITG there will be two tables representing new Callet trumpets. Past and present models available. With Jerome Callet I'm sure only at one of the booths.

Crazy. I'm sure that won't be awkward for anybody
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there will be alot of great horns there! This is all an old story I'm sure the folks on the Callet Forum can add to. You can get alot of great info there. It's amazing how many great horns/designs Jerry has put together over the years.
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is true that the Callet trumpet and flugelhorn line has been resurrected. Jerry Callet did decide to retire from the business, and at that time he sold the rights to manufacturing, along with all of the bell and leadpipe mandrels, as well as the use of the Callet name brand.

The new Callet Custom Trumpets and Flugelhorns include a number of the design elements that were used in the past, as well as new design elements and models that weren't a part of the old line. It's great to see that these horns are available once again, and I'm sure that the updated versions of these horns will be very well received!

The mouthpiece line that is being offered by Callet.com is the Northern Brass line of mouthpieces, which were made for me, and they are still being manufactured by GR Technologies. Just like the Callet Custom line, new models have been added to the line, and I'm excited to continue to be involved in this process.

I'm glad that Jerry Callet returned to the trumpet world. He’s a good friend, and he has contributed a great deal to this business. Seeing him continue to contribute is indeed heartwarming.

Please be sure to check out the new Callet Custom Trumpets, as well as the Northern Brass "Star Series" Mouthpieces, at ITG! If you have any questions about the Northern Brass “Star Series” Mouthpiece, please feel free to contact me!

Best to all,
Bruce
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Callet trumpets vs Callet Custom trumpets Reply with quote

trumpet.sanity wrote:

Crazy. I'm sure that won't be awkward for anybody

You suppose these people don't know one another? There is quite a bit of backstory here. You would do well to learn it before forming opinions. It would be great to be able to compare these horns! The old Jazz vs the new Soloist, both of which theoretically have the same bell, for example. Or the flugel from each, if available by then. The rest of it only matters in terms of personal interest; i.e. it is great that Jerry is still doing well enough to register to be there! And "personal interest" includes those who want a lesson.

I know less about the man who bought the business from Jerry and quickly stopped operating it, but apparently he is over the troubles that caused that interruption, which is also a good thing. Be happy for them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: