• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cmpetitons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpetdude0823

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Cmpetitons Reply with quote

Hey Guys and Girls I need your help,

I am entering at least 3 Solo competitions coming soon and as a Freshman I can say I honestly don't know as much literature as I need too. So I am looking to expand my Horizons. Any Suggestions on was pieces to look at?
Thanks!
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd probably be best served by asking a professional trumpet player (preferably your teacher, right?) that knows your current playing skill level, strengths/weaknesses, etc. and can recommend pieces that can help you address those and succeed.
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cmpetitons Reply with quote

Trumpetdude0823 wrote:
Hey Guys and Girls I need your help,

I am entering at least 3 Solo competitions coming soon and as a Freshman I can say I honestly don't know as much literature as I need too. So I am looking to expand my Horizons. Any Suggestions on was pieces to look at?
Thanks!

Freshman in high school or college? How long have you been playing? Do you take private lessons?
Piccolo Stomvi
jazzchamp08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Royal Conservatory of Music Development Program with my students. 10 levels worth of material and based on your level you can pick out an appropriate solo. Their syllabi are available for free online. Also, I think David Hickman has a post if you Google it that lists a ton of solos in order of difficulty. Hope that helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: