• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anything wrong with the Jean Baptiste FG329?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Anything wrong with the Jean Baptiste FG329? Reply with quote

I've read that the the Jean Baptiste 900s is essentislly the same as the highly respected G & S Challenger at a low price. I did see an ad for a Jean Baptists 329. Not much info or feedback on it. What I have seen is San Ash reviews giving it 3 out of 5 stars. Any feedback from all you more credible players?
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything wrong with the Jean Baptiste FG329? Reply with quote

bassguy wrote:
I've read that the the Jean Baptiste 900s is essentislly the same as the highly respected G & S Challenger at a low price. I did see an ad for a Jean Baptists 329. Not much info or feedback on it. What I have seen is San Ash reviews giving it 3 out of 5 stars. Any feedback from all you more credible players?

Buy one and try it. You'll never really know otherwise. How much do they want for them? It's probably about the same as the various $260 - $350 Chinese horns.

Do what I did. Buy two cheap flugels, keep the one you like the best, resell the other.
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not buying three cheap flugels, keep the one you like the best, resell the other two. More choice.

Last edited by delano on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
robbrand
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jean Baptiste 900 series trumpets and Flugel were made by B&S in Germany and are identical to the B&S Challenger instruments. They were made for Sam Ash. Some of the lower-priced models were designed by Josh Landress but made by Jin Bao in China. They would probably be decent for the price but not comparable to the B&S-made models.
Besson USA 620 cornet
bassguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrand wrote:
The Jean Baptiste 900 series trumpets and Flugel were made by B&S in Germany and are identical to the B&S Challenger instruments. They were made for Sam Ash. Some of the lower-priced models were designed by Josh Landress but made by Jin Bao in China. They would probably be decent for the price but not comparable to the B&S-made models.

A lot of Chinese flugels get good reviews, & I don't quite understand why the mediocre, but not too specific reviews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: