• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vintage Conn case value - help!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojocat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Vintage Conn case value - help!! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I just traded a very nice 1941 Conn 12B and the horn came with an amazing vintage Conn case in excellent condition. Please see photos here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pntr73baar4ue76/AADI34YWsbPwIxWdVdmvw5zza?dl=0

No doubt it is super nice, collectable and desirable but the space available in my music room is very limited. As I have a trumpet stand for each of my horns, I'm afraid this beautiful case will spend 99.9999% of its time in a dark closet. The case almost doesn't smell musty.

I prefer to sell it to someone who will enhance it better than I do, but the OUPS! is I have no idea of its value on the market. Found no existing close comparison on e-Bay and classified ads. Can you help me please? I don't want to have the ad online for 1 year cause it's too expensive but on the other hand I don't want to sell it at a ridiculous price.

Thanks in advance for your help! JO

Martin Committee trumpet
Yamaha 6335H
Yamaha 6320
Accent 781
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find room for the case. Separating a vintage instrument from its original case is a sin.
jojocat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dale,

thanks to help me feeling guilty more than I actually do....

I know that and I would keep it in another situation. Actually I'm saving money for a 28A Connstellation and it's not an easy thing for me because of major health issues. Almost all the money I can earn go for the kids and the bills.

I'm certain the buddy over my head will forgive me to offer this awesome vintage piece to someone who will couple it to one of his Conn trumpets.

So, what about the value??

Martin Committee trumpet
Yamaha 6335H
Yamaha 6320
Accent 781
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: