• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

JZ Flugel horn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.J.Dodge

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: JZ Flugel horn Reply with quote

Any thoughts on the JZ brand flugel horn?
I plan to look at one tomorrow at a reputable dealer. It is a used intermediate level horn. This would be my first flugelhorn. My instructor suggested I begin looking at one. I am playing with a trio doing brunches and private gigs doing jazz standards. So I would like something with a quality sound.
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first flugel you pick up, you will love. Doesn't mean it's the best, or even the best value, just that flugelhorn is a very lovable instrument. Bring a tuner! Mpc makes a huge difference in intonation. Mating the right shank for the taper is not optional, but that's just the start.

Have not heard of JZ, but tried a John Packer (sp?) that was surprisingly good for the price.

Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: