• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Consistently Stiff Chops

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before freaking out and visiting doctors, and rethinking your teacher, and getting into minute details and minutia of head games which often leads to frustration beyond your current issues and paralysis from over analysis:

Maybe just take a short break for a day or two. Cut out the 30 minute warm ups (I've known some guys who's best concerts are played backstage in the warm up room....then their chops are shot for the performance) and just play music you're practicing and only play music in ensembles for a while.

I just think you may be overdoing it wth exercises and warm ups (I can't tell you just how useless I THINK long tones are) and maybe just slow down, only play music, stop thinking so much and see if it corrects itself.

I know the frustration. I've been there, and going back to basics of just playing music, and resting, including a day off every now and again seemed to fix many problems that my brain was creating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: