• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

6 octaves of C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrumpetGillespie

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: 6 octaves of C Reply with quote

..or concert Bb as my tuba friend pointed out to me.

I'm so grateful for the mouthpiece journey I've been on. This is a C cup piece with a copy of a bach 9 rim. Made by Pickett (really nice guy, great customer service)

Let me know what you think! I'm still working on learning the correlation between pedal tones and upper register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCMZLFyeoE
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: 6 octaves of C Reply with quote

TrumpetGillespie wrote:
..or concert Bb as my tuba friend pointed out to me.

I'm so grateful for the mouthpiece journey I've been on. This is a C cup piece with a copy of a bach 9 rim. Made by Pickett (really nice guy, great customer service)

Let me know what you think! I'm still working on learning the correlation between pedal tones and upper register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCMZLFyeoE

Well that's a heck of a clean relaxed double C and it doesn't sound like you have any "breaks" in your track or vibration pattern. And that's awesome

I also like the very minimal and minute movement in your chops. Jealous!! My movement in my chin and jaw is much more pronounced but like you, not much stretching or exaggerated corners.

The pedals?? Meh....so what if they don't sound perfect. They NEVER will since those notes don't exist on the trumpet and they are just unnatural harmonics.

They will never be clean and perfect....and I think they are a waste of time personally...but that's your journey to take obviously.

But killer relaxed double C and singing sound through the REAL registers of the trumpet. Well done brutha!!!
YoungMW

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a wicked double C. I am curious as to how you got to such range and flexibility with such little effort. What exercises have you done?
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
singing sound through the REAL registers of the trumpet.

I didn't hear that.

Conn 22B Trumpet
York Eminence Model 4028 Cornet
1903 Conn The Wonder Cornet
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recording was not studio quality, but I meant he sounded clean and pure from low C to double C with no major chop movements and every note was pure...until he ventured into the silly pedal register.

But he was able to sing through the three main octaves of the trumpets real, true register and sit on a relaxed double C. That's something many guys can't do and I thought it was respectable.
trmptz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that 4?
RussellDDixon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Brother ...
Kanstul Claude Gordon Personal mouthpiece
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: