• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 7BW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
horndoc3

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Bach 7BW Reply with quote

I've had a crazy mouthpiece journey like a lot of us, and I'm currently very happy with a Hammond 3MLX for orchestral type playing. Surprisingly, I found that a Mt Vernon Bach 7C was great for pops and doesn't feel that much smaller than the Hammond. I went to that by chance from a Bach 7B,which seemed to have too sharp an inner rim,similar to a 5B, which affected my endurance. I wonder if the 7BW gives you the same alpha angle as the 7B but with a more comfortable overall rim. That would allow darkening the sound without necessarily going to the 24 throat, etc. of the Hammond. With that wordy intro, whats the scoop on the 7BW?
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike the other Bach W rims I've seen, the 7BW rims are really quite flat.
I've had 3 of them over the years - a fairly early NY with the serif font, an early Mt Vernon and a modern one... All different but all a very broad, flat rim without the gradual drop off to the outside that other Bach W rims have.

I doubt you'd find the modern one uncomfortable, whether it'd do what you want depends whether that kind of rim suits you.
The Mt Vernon, on the other hand, was a very sharp bite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: