• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cool story featuring Andris Nelsons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaysonr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Cool story featuring Andris Nelsons Reply with quote

Here is a cool story about Andris Nelsons. Plus, the quote below proves we are not alone.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2017/06/30/for-bso-conductor-nelsons-instrumental-homecoming/YK2fYCrQfqjDGrAMP5UNwN/story.html

Quote:
From that initial trumpet, Nelsons has expanded his instrument stable, collecting various trumpets, including a flugelhorn, and a pair of piccolo trumpets. He’s also expanded his collection of mouthpieces, estimating that he now has roughly 100 of the attachments.

“He’s a mouthpiece hoarder,” said Rolfs, who gave Nelsons many of his early attachments. “For a long time I felt like I was his personal supplier in secret. He’d tell me what he wanted, and I’d go out and get it.”

These days Nelsons is more apt to stop by a brass store near Symphony Hall or to pick up a few while guest conducting abroad.

“It’s a disease,” the maestro admitted of his quest for the perfect mouthpiece. “When I was a professional, I didn’t have the money to buy the mouthpieces I wanted. Now I can afford them, but the problem is not with the mouthpieces. The problem is with me.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: