• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Took my new Getzen 390 out busking

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Buskering Reply with quote

Tcdaniel wrote:

My regular spot is Kroger parking lot. She shops, I play.
I’ve been to DT Chat Walnut bridge several years ago. Did good. Will go back soon.
I’ve also been to i75 Mapco. Always good. New audience every 5 mins.
I’d do Bucees often if I lived closer. I did once recently. Lots of thumps up and honks. Short on time that day.

Conclusion is people don’t care what your horn is, just play something they might recognize and make it sound good. Always thank your tippers.

Maybe meet up sometime.

This is all very interesting. Glad you dredged up this older post. I always was under the impression that busking was more applicable to urban settings, but you've definitely brought it into the "bloom where you are planted" mode.

I utilize my back deck for practicing on nice weather days and am sensitive to the time of day. On more than one occasion, when I've met my neighbors later for the first time, I am asked "Are you the guy with the trumpet?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: