• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bobby Hamilton, R.I.P.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Bobby Hamilton, R.I.P. Reply with quote

Sad to report that Bobby Hamilton died on May 28th here in Las Vegas. Those of us that were privileged to have worked with him knew what a fine human being he was and one hell of a trumpet player. I met Bobby first on the Sam Donahue led Tommy Dorsey band and later on worked many times with him here in Las Vegas when he traveled as Steve and Edie's lead player. I'll never forget an instance in Germany where the Dorsey band was doing a television show in Saarbrucken. Bobby was fond of beer and I discovered a beer vending machine in the TV studio. The photo of Bobby and the machine says it all.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com

Last edited by Tony Scodwell on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
dcjway
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of the loss of a great trumpet player and your friend, prayers for you and his family.
1935 NY Bach 26-59 silver plate
gstump
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear Bobby passed on. He was one of the very best lead players I ever worked with and without name dropping, I have worked with most from Snooky to Cat to Bud.

The last time I played with Bobby it was at Pine Knob with Steve & Eddie. The late Jack Fierman, another great high note trumpet player was conducting.

Bobby cracked a note at the rehearsal. Jack said...."it is August and Bobby already missed a note"

His accuracy was amazing.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Gordon Stump
kadleck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Tony. I'm also sad to hear this - he was a wonderful player and very nice man. He made every band he was in sound great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: