• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Range Problems?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Range Problems? Reply with quote

tim_wolf wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
HERMOKIWI wrote:
Lionel wrote:
"Look bud Ive got a working octave and a half more range than you. That is you who will burn out your chops in half an hour while I'm working a four hour gig play high notes running consistently a perfect fifth to an octave above your part. So? You've got nothing to give me. Nothing at all. There is not one piece of knowledge that you have that could better my trumpet playing. Best that you take the cotton out of your ears, stick it in your mouth. Stay quiet and stop acting like a fool. Sit down and shut up. As you just might learn something from me"

Wow.

WOW.
Are you nuts?? Is that something you would actually say to someone? If that is something you would say unprovoked (ie, not in response to an equally inappropriate response), I'd be surprised if anyone would want to work with you, at least not more than once. And it really doesn't matter how well you might play, because there's always someone around the corner who is better.
I knew a guy who was a kick butt player, but because of his personality seldom was asked back for a second gig.

And if you said "Excessive cockiness in a musicisn always a detriment to their learning. Plys theyre just a pain to be around.", you might want to consider listening to that.

Maybe I've missed or misunderstood something here???

Brad

I think the end of the previous paragraph explains it a bit better.

"May even try and give me advice on high range and that really makes me burn. I tell them."

It sounds like he says this to someone who doesn't have range, and then tries to give him range advice.

I really don't know what his motivation is, it just sounds to me like too much ego and too few people skills. But as I think I mentioned, I don't know any details other than what's been posted here. Personally, other than private lesson students, I generally don't offer "advice" to anyone unless they ask for it.

Brad
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: What do trumpet players use for birth control?
Answer: Their personality!
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanuts56 wrote:

And: what does a trumpet player say when he meets another trumpet player?
"Hi, I'm ______ and I'm better than you."😉

Brad
deleted_user_680e93b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeboppinFool wrote:
Tpt_Guy wrote:
Honestly, if I were you, I would consult the Reinhardt forum and ask there, and maybe see about getting some lessons from a teacher who is familiar with upstream chops.

In The Reinhardt Forum you will see that a generous offer has been made to the OP and to anybody else struggling with range (click here).

Mr Willey you are a very cool dude !!! I may take you up on your offer myself. Gotta Love those Reinhardt Guys !!

regards,

tom
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
peanuts56 wrote:

And: what does a trumpet player say when he meets another trumpet player?
"Hi, I'm ______ and I'm better than you."😉

Brad

Good one Brad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: