• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ipad Pro Users

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
Anybody use the Bluetooth pedals for page turns? I found them to be very useful.

Yeah, me too. I've been using an AirTurn BT-105 for several years now—works fine.

BTW, the biggest improvement in navigation I've found was when someone told me about the Links feature in the ForScore app. Choose links, tap where you want to jump from, then tap where you want to jump to, and presto! A big blue dot appears at the starting point. Tap it and the page turns to the destination, with a big animated dot lighting up to show you "Over here!" It makes huge jumps easy, forward or backward.
Piccolo Stomvi
pinstriper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstdenis wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
Anybody use the Bluetooth pedals for page turns? I found them to be very useful.

Yeah, me too. I've been using an AirTurn BT-105 for several years now—works fine.

BTW, the biggest improvement in navigation I've found was when someone told me about the Links feature in the ForScore app. Choose links, tap where you want to jump from, then tap where you want to jump to, and presto! A big blue dot appears at the starting point. Tap it and the page turns to the destination, with a big animated dot lighting up to show you "Over here!" It makes huge jumps easy, forward or backward.

Links are critical when you are bouncing from page to page. One feature I wish it had with a pedal is pedal 1 activates the first link on the page (top to bottom), second pedal activates the second, etc. but I reckon you'd need at least 4 pedals so you still had page-fwd and page-back.

I've adopted a standard color scheme where I mark the repeat sections and jumps with green, cues with blue, key and time signatures in yellow, and a purple dot on any note that is sharped or flatted. I mark them regardless of accidentals or key signature. It helps my old brain that just can't process 5 sharps etc.

Just the act of doing so helps my reading, and it also allows me to quickly scan through a piece we're about to play and not get lost.

I'm sure my approach offends the pros.
'51 Olds Super
'69 Olds Studio
'40 Olds Special Cornet, Military Issued
jfreakinross

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinstriper wrote:
I'm sure my approach offends the pros.

I've always been the one to say do whatever you need to do to perform your best. I'm sure at least one pro would agree
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: