• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha 11c4, Laskey 50 rim, Bach 7C, ecc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joh Pintu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Yamaha 11c4, Laskey 50 rim, Bach 7C, ecc Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
What is the difference between yamaha 11c4, laskey 50 rims bach 7C and other brands of the same diameter, in terms of shape, bite and high point of the rim? Did anyone have any experience on these pieces?

Thanks
Joh
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own/owned about 25 7C's of a lot of brands and they are all different. The Laskey I don't know, of the Yammies I still own three of them, one for trumpet, two for cornet (short and long) and they are a little bit bigger than recent Bach with a rounder and better rim. If you want a (new) Bach 7C you better can look for the UMI Benge 7C, they look exact the same but the Benge has a rounder and in fact very good rim, the Bach being quite sharp.
The best 7C I own is a Vincent Bach corp (no dot) sixties (?) cornet mouthpiece.
Second place is for a no branded one, some of these can be remarkable good.(and sometimes remarkable big).
Mark Bradley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Laskey 50C has a flatter rim than the Yamaha 11B4. They feel very close diamater-wise but the Laskey rim feels slightly smaller due to the shape. The B cup of the Yamaha has less volume than the Bach 7C, the Laskey C cup looks like it's sort of in between the 7C and 11B4 but looks can be deceiving. In my experience the Bach 7C has a sharper and more narrow rim that is not good if you use a lot of pressure, but the other poster is right that Bachs can be totally different. Both the Laskey and Yamaha and 7C sound really good but for me they're a bear to hold up with if you're playing 1st or 2nd parts. But like everything range and endurance depends on the individual-- I have two friends that play lead with a Bach 3B, so you never know (this annoys the heck out of me). Lately I've been going back and forth between the Laskey 50C and Schilke M3C. The smaller 3C rim Schilke M3C is comparable to 7C-ish pieces, it's all just an arbitrary name game when it comes to labeling mouthpieces. But I have another horse in the race you might try, and that's the CKB 7C. For the moment I like it best of all, a very comfortable rim. The heavyweight blank can be good or bad. So far for me it's mainly good but that pattern may change after the eclipse. Quinn is selling the CKB 7C for an offer that's hard to refuse at the moment. Not much to lose trying it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CKB-7C-Professional-Trumpet-Mouthpiece-BRAND-NEW-QuinnTheEskimo-/262568045870?epid=728906905&hash=item3d22466d2e:g:3ZMAAOSwd4tTwJcm
Yamaha 8315G flugel/ Reeves 42F
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also own a Yamaha 11B4 for cornet and trumpet and a 11B4GP but the OP didn't ask for that.
Joh Pintu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the reply,
I'm looking for mp in the 7 range, for legit/orchestral use. As for the Laskey 50C, where the highest point on the rim?
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my lips, the 11C4 feels like a flatter less bitey 7C. I think of it as something of a smaller 3C.

No experience with Laskey pieces.

Have you considered the Schilke Symphony series pieces? The ones I've played feel not too dissimilar to the 11C4 rim. They are available with symphonic backbores.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: