• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

GR Tech "e" Rim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Heuer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play an e65M and an e66MS. The standard GR rims were not as comfortable for me. What are your opinions of the "e" vs standard rims.
3 valve monster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is, what do YOU think of the e rim? The e rim itself is not a magic solution to someone's playing, it is another option to fit you better if the standard rim isn't right for you.

I have been playing GR mouthpieces for about a year now. They are by far the best mouthpiece I have ever played on. I have also had the opportunity to play the entire line, and visit Gary at his shop twice. You will not find a more knowledgable soul when it comes to mouthpieces and the sound they produce anywhere on the planet.

Gary has a multitude of rim sizes, cup volumes and alpha angles. WHy? because everybody has a different set of chops, needs, and wants.

The e rim might be perfect for you, and not right for me. As I said, I have played his entire line, and the most puzzleing thing was that they ALL felt good. They all played good, they all sounded good. It took very detailed listening for me to make my choice.

So to answer your question, I think the e rim is outstanding if it fits you and your playing objectives. If you are not happy with what you have go see Gary, or one of his dealers, or contact them http://www.grmouhtpieces.com I'm sure they can help you out.

David
3 valve monster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, that's http://www.grmouthpieces.com
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: