• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Dillon Music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone bought trumpets off of dillons...not online actually going to the store....the "web price only" on the bach strad 180S-37 is 1465.....do you think it would be more (like an extra hundred or so) if i went to the store and bought?I just want to price compare alittle

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
brad333
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to call or email them. I'm sure they would give you a quote if you contacted them directly.
BrassClass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the price would be the same. In some stores the web prices are actually cheaper.
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive e-mailed them.....a week ago still no response....
Bartok
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Washington Music...they'll beat that price!
bdev
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerostud1026, If you live near Dillon Music take a ride there and plan on spending a few hours playing different horns. You won't regret it. I've been there more than a few times and purchased my Schilke B1 there. They usually have a good selection of used strads on the wall not to mention every other manufacturer. If you are going to buy new, they have no problem with you spending the day playing as many strad 37's as you like. If you plan on going on a Saturday they close at 3PM.
Reynolds Emperor Trumpet (1961)
Bach Strad 37 Trumpet
Holton 25 Cornet / Bach 6
MDT Morrison Trumpet (wind controller)
I_Wanna_Scream

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to Dillons in person if you can. They are a busy store but it is more than worth a visit for the opportunity to try out so many different horns. I have visited them the past couple of years when I have been over from the UK and there's no where I have seen thats like it. You may struggle to get attention when you need something but they are just happy to let you try out horns as you wish. I went planning on buying a mouthpiece and mutes but came away with another horn!!

Have fun

Graham
skew999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Try Washington Music...they'll beat that price!"

We work hard at Dillon Music to match and beat prices. If you feel that it is too expensive, please contact me at Joe@DillonMusic.com and I will do what I can.

Feel free to email me with any further questions.

Thank you,
Joe Gaspar
Dillon Music
http://www.DillonMusic.com
(732) 634-3399
Joe@Dillonmusic.com
Ralph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Washington Music and Dillon Music. Bought horns and mouthpieces at both places. Dillon is the only place I'll deal with. I felt like I was buying a used car when I bought my C trumpet from Washington even though I got a good horn. It was returned by someone else who bought it from them because it had a small bent in the bell tubing. They said they were giving me a reduced price at $1575. This is after the salesperson had to talk to the manager for 15 minutes as I sat on my hands. He came back and said "I've got a deal for you". Never again. I felt like I had to take a shower after I left there. I've been to Dillon several times and always had a good experienece. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Try not to go on a Saturday, they get very busy, but are very patient. You can spend all the time you want. Try to go on a Monday. You'll have the store to yourself, although Ray Mase was there when I went. What a great sound he has!
BrassBander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that I had a problem with Dillon regarding a vintage horn I purchased from their on-line store. They didn't really know what they had, but thought they did, and inaccurately responded to my questions. Based on what I have heard my experience with them is unusual.
drjond56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Dillon twice. Once on a Getzen piccolo and once on a Bach D trumpet. This was several years ago and I did all the deals over the phone. No problems.
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 18 months back I bought a used Martin Magna trumpet. Did not know what the horn was or how it played. I had seen it on the website and I was obcessed with anything that was vintage Martin. I bought it sight unseen with the agreement that I could try it and return it in the same condition if I was not pleased. There was nothing wrong with, it was as described and in nice shape....I just did not like it and I sent it back, no questions asked. Very simple. No problem. kpb
Bri
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dillons carries the horn you want buy it from them...you won't regret it.
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i like about Dillons is that they leave you alone...they dont hover over you waiting for you to say I want it....they get what u want walk away and do whatever and when your ready you come to them....thats what i was afraid of them constantly being around watching you play blah blah blah. But luckily they arent like that at all...I was pleased
James B. Quick
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Schlke X4 on the 'net from them. It was the best price I could find. I recently had Vladimir Fridman (formerly of Callet, and Giardinelli) make me a custom mouthpiece, for a good price and very good service. jbqd
Tom K.
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw in my support for Dillon's. I spent hours looking online, then visited the store and spent hours there. No one bugs you, but they are extremely helpful. A couple of things I saw online weren't out in the showroom but they were able to dig them out of the basement. It's definitely worth a visit if you can do it.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote from Cajun Country here!

I just dealt with the new member above "skew999" a.k.a. Joe Gaspar and he a very professional gentleman and salesman. I called Dillon's a little while ago and spoke with him. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, and trustworthy.

I have bought various things from horns to mouthpieces to polishing clothes. They don't just sell it to you which is what I like about their business. They ask why you want to buy it. For example, I was in the hunt for a piccolo trumpet mouthpiece. I called them up and they said, "Well, we first need to know what you play on" ... I told him the long bell Yamaha. I had originally called wanting a Schilke 13a4x or 14a4x and he said flat out it would not work right with it ... was truly meant for a Schilke only. He then told me either the Bach 7E or Laskey PIC model would be best .. and he was right!! Works great!! This is just one example.

I have always had good experiences with Dillon's Music! Wish they were a little closer though.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeww999 aka. Joe Gaspar was the one who sold me my horn when I went to Dillon VERY nice and professional indeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: