• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Clark Terry Bobby Brookmeyer Quintet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
so what
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Clark Terry Bobby Brookmeyer Quintet Reply with quote

I listened to this CD again just now. What great music !
Although I love the playing of many trumpet players, if I had to pick the best, is is Clark Terry. What a unique sound he has. If you can't tell that that is Clark in the first few seconds of "Blindman, Blindman", then you just have not listened to enough of his music. No one else sounds like him. Great sound, even greater MUSIC.

While listening, I said to myself that the trombone has to be a valve trombone. Sure enough, it is. The combination of trombone and fleugelhorn is very nice. The richness of Brookmeyer's sound is worth trying to emulate. This group played together for a year or more before making this CD. They clearly know each other well. What great music they made. Listen to this one if you get a chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: