• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My Lesson with Chris LaBarbera (2023)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juanc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject: My Lesson with Chris LaBarbera (2023) Reply with quote

I’ve being reading the Encyclopedia for many years now and since I lived in Cuba I followed this forum and all Reinhardt teachings as close as possible.
I came to the conclusion that I’m a IIIA but I was always in doubt about this, always wondering if maybe my true type was a IIIB? Well, finally after many years I had the opportunity to take a lesson with who I consider one of the few guys that are excellent as a player and as a teacher, and this is something you don’t see that often.
Chris confirmed that I’m a IIIA and walked me through the whole process of placing the mouthpiece on my chops, how to form a correct embouchure and what I needed to focus my attention when doing all this. He also gave me a couple daily routines (light day & heavy day). Chris spend a lot of time talking about anything you can think of about trumpet (players, equipment, teachers, etc). All you can think of about Doc Reinhardt he will have an answer for you.
Long story short, a couple months after the lesson my results are that I now have a bigger sound in all registers, much better understanding of what works for me and what doesn’t work. I’m playing now Double C’s and D’s on a daily basis. Everything has improved for me as a player and also as my own teacher.
One of the best experiences I had as a trumpet player is this lesson with Chris, I highly recommend anyone who wants to improve as a player to take a lesson with him, you can thank me later!

Best regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: