• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

First time Mt Vernon 3C.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject: First time Mt Vernon 3C. Reply with quote

Have had many mouthpieces pass through my hands over last 20 years, believe it or not I have resisted the urge to try any or all of them. A 7C guy from way back I just never wanted to go down that safari (in no small thanks to many here) I have had and sold all the rare ones over the years, never tried any aside from a few Schilkes ...... Mt Vernon 1s, 1.5s, 3C s all of them...no try.

So the other day, I had a Mt Vernon 3c on my bench, I was doing some cleaning, burnishing some minor marks off the rim, rounding the stem etc. (many years experience here, don't panic) Somehow it got placed in my tray of pieces I use to test whatever horn I am working on. Yup, I picked it up without knowing... It was defiantly a different experience. I was so surprised that I liked it, that it played so nice.... So, now what do I do ?

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
Man Of Constant Sorrow
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: