• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Corp. 2-1/2C with Undercut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benlewis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:26 am    Post subject: Bach Corp. 2-1/2C with Undercut Reply with quote

I recently acquired a Corp. 2-1/2C that has an undercut that my other 2-1/2C of the same vintage does not have. There is no indication of custom alteration and, if it was done and replated, it must have been done upon purchase; as the patina is consistent with that of the factory.

When I lived in Chicago in the mid-80s, this was a common solution Scott Laskey would use for people who liked their current piece, but wanted just a skosh more room for their chops. Has anyone seen a 2-1/2C like this and, more importantly, have one with which they are willing to part?

Thanks!

Ben
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen 2 1/2C's like what you described. A friend of mine used to play a Mt Vernon 2 1/2C. It had a huge, deep cup. You could look for one of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: