• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Acclimation time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rootberry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been playing trumpet since I was ten (21 now) and my emouchure has change alot in the past 3 years. I heard about the superchops embouchure while I was in high school, and it sounded like an amazing way to play the trumpet (back then I was relying on tons of pressure and a buttload of air to play).. Over the past 3 years Ive taken what Ive read about the SC embouchure and tried to put it to use, and so far i have acclimated to everything and have become a much better player. The only thing Ive never been able to pull off is the tounge thing. My tounge is way forward, and Im using the same part of the tounge as illustrated at the tip of the top teeth to create compression, but the tip of my tounge stays anchored near the top of my bottom teeth.. I naturally play with a bunched chin, low corner tension, open teeth and tounge forward, but when i try moving my tounge the few millimeters to the standard SC position, I cant play at all even after a week... Im not sure what Im asking really, I just wanted to see if anyone else has been in this boat before?
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootberry, Please give us a bit more information. When you say your tongue is anchored near the top of your bottom teeth, that sounds OK on the surface. Let us know what part of your tongue is anchored and what it's anchored to. Then, please describe more the movement you are trying from there. - Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: