• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TCE intonation issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shagbrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a clue at to why (on whatever horn I play) I am alway sharp on High C and High D. Every other note in the open series is in tune including High E and G. I've resorted to playing high C with the 2nd and third valves and the slide silghty pulled. First valve is fine for High D. The longer I play, the sharper I am.

I thought it was corner tension but I really do believe my corners are where they should be. If I try to lip it down I break to Bb

Any ideas on things to try?
Dave Converse
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shag,

Is this a new thing, maybe coming with a change in equipment? If not, check for debris, damage, or leakage somewhere. Maybe also check the mouthpiece/leadpipe gap. Also, if your horn has a conventional tuning slide, try turning it upside down and see if this changes anything. I'm aiming at equipment because that's usually my problem when just a few inside pitches (notes somewhere between my range limits) are affected.

Oops! Just realized you said it happens on any horn you play. I guess you would have noticed if the mouthpiece shank was bent or dirty.

[ This Message was edited by: Dave Converse on 2004-02-20 18:40 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: