• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Rotary vs. Valves

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6pk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing german trpts just stick a bigger back boare on the mouth piece which compensates for the smaller boare in the trumpet then you can play as loud and as easy as you like.
Angelwings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to play in Germany for a few years and played a number of different rotary valve horns. The best word that comes to mind when comparing to valves, is effortless. It could be that I just played beautifully hand crafted trumpets, but that was my experience. Hope it helps (the Germans know what they are doing when it comes to design and building)
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You replied to a 20-year-old thread.
gutlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="trumpetgeek234"]I was at Monke's in cologne a few weeks ago and got to try their trumpets. Since then I am wanting to have a German trumpet. I think I would use it for almost everything except Jazz. They play so much nicer and are just awesome! A must for a serious player!
PB[/quote]

The late, great, Claudio Roditi would have disagreed! He was a fine jazz trumpet player, and used rotary.

I attended a Maurice Andre recital in Carnegie Hall NYC with Jerome Callet and Claudio, and my wife. Maurice was flawless and brought the house down. Claudio picked up a woman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: