• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sergei Nakariakov

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there has been a thread on Sergei Nakariakov earlier, but I justed wanted to post my impression of a recital of his.

Last Saturday Sergei Nakariakov gave a recital (with his sister Vera on piano) at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. He played a very diverse programme. In some pieces showcasing his phenomenal technique and virtuosity. In other pieces playing his flugelhorn and really 'making music'.

Besides Carnaval de Venice he also played another piece by Arban (variations on a Tyrolean song). I had never heard this piece before, but with these 'theme & variations' pieces of Arban you know the variations get progressively more difficult. At some points I thouhgt 'it can;t get any more difficult than this'..... but it did......twice. I saw people in the audience looking at each other in disbelief (they were probably trumpet players ).

He played a piece on his flugelhorn (Courtois, 4 valves, huge bell) as an encore. Great sound and really great music. After the last note of the encore the audience let out a collective sigh before the applause started....

This concert will be broadcast on Dutch radio (Radio 4) on April 29th at 13.30 (local time). You can listen to this station through the internet:
http://portal.omroep.nl/?nav=gxpmCsHEhHsBuK
This site is in Dutch, but one should be able to figure it out.

Sergei also gave an interview on the same radiostation. This interview is available (realplayer) on this site
http://info.omroep.nl/ncrv/radio?nav=avdlFsHjHACiBeGvGmC
The interview is in English (sort of..) with Dutch translations and music in between.

Bart

[ This Message was edited by: bart on 2002-04-16 07:27 ]
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It great to know that Sergi is going to be here in Seattle..Sat May 11th with the Seattle Symphony. Everyone is looking forward to his wonderful talent.
Don
Thanks for the links"
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my ticket ta' ride the Sergi wave...
May 11th...
I can't believe the house is almost sold out! and "Benny Hall is large.
I am looking forward to hearing more about his practice session with the Seattle symp.

I hear he has been using his new Flug more and more these days...Hummm????
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a tip from my trumpet buds @ the Seattle Symphony...last night.
TRUST THIS...DO NOT MISS THIS PERFORMANCE...MAY 11..ONE TIME ONLY!

ANY ONE WANTING A SAMPLE OF "JUST HOW EASY TRUMPET PLAYING CAN APPEAR..CHECK THIS OUT!
HE IS NOT OF------THIS WORLD!" JUST WATCHING THIS VIDEIO DOWNLOAD..."KNOCKS MY CHOPS OFF-A-MY-FACE..AND FLAT ON THE FLOOR!
http://www.nakariakov.com

SCAREEEEEEE' HUH????)))
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted above but if any one loves trumpet:
You just have to take time to listen to this interview with wonderful playing examples:
Notice Sergei sound: AT TIMES I WOULD SWEAR HE IS PLAYING A FRENCH HORN OR A CELLO...when he plays that new Courtois Flugel.
Sergei according to the interview has taken Circular breathing outta of the Kenny-Geeeeee-whizzz realm and up onto another level...between the earth and the sky....where Angels dare to Fly...and all that jazz.

http://info.omroep.nl/ncrv/radio?nav=avdlFsHjHACiBeGvGmC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: