• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Charlier type Etudes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blancolate
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Charlier type Etudes Reply with quote

I greatly enjoy practising out of the Charlier Book.

Can you provide recommendations on other etude books that are written in this "French" style.

thanks
KF
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raymond Sabarich "Dix Etudes" are definitely worth checking out. They might be out of print... but I haven't looked for them in a while, so maybe they're available. I think the Sabarich etudes are somewhat easier than the Carlier, but they offer much more musically and they definitely have that French sound you're looking for. A few of them would make great unaccompanied solo pieces in fact.

A bit of trivia... Maurice Andre studied with Sabarich in Paris for a period of time.

Kent
RGale
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a second Charlier book. The etudes de perfectionnement. Transcribed by David Baldwin from the original for 4 valve bass trombone or tuba. I think it's as good as the other.
The Sabarich book is really good. Also look into those etudes by Duhem. Also the standards by Bitsch and Bozza. That should be enough to keep you amused for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: