• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 239...mário

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtrompete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Bach 239...mário Reply with quote

Hello. I have several horns, that i use in my job (classical) and i get a Bach Cl, 239-25 raw brass from ebay. Well, i´m a little sad, because i work all days with a Bach Cl, 229-25H and this one is ... another thing.
Can you tell me a different leadpipe, that will make a good combination? (raw brass, Cl, 239-...). Thanks
laura C tpt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a 25A leadpipe on my 239, but that's just me. It would be better to try a few, somehow. I know that would be difficult. People have had great experiences putting other leadpipes on (Blackburn's, for example).

Trumpet Performance/Musicology
Boston University
College of Fine Arts 2010
morm3993
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want your new leadpipe to do? Play brighter? darker? put the 5th partial in tune better? Blow more easily?
topher28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a 239 CL with a Blackburne 1B leadpipe. I think it's great. This one mostly affects tuning and pitch centering in my opinion, but I would check out the others if you're trying to get something similar to the H. I think the 20(?) is a good one. The only problem I've had is that I need to keep my tuning slide all the way in to play in tune...which is something I'm a little concerned about. good luck.
mtrompete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morm3993 wrote:
What do you want your new leadpipe to do? Play brighter? darker? put the 5th partial in tune better? Blow more easily?

Thanks. Well, what i want to say is that, everybody looks for a good balance between the different parts of the trumpet to result in a different options, but with some dignity. I know for experience in different instruments in the past, how to change the sound to brighter, darker or Blow more easily. Has we know, there are a lot of different leadpipes to do that. But like the Bach large bore, 229-25H that we all know as a sucess combination, i´m trying to find informations for a sucess combination Bach large bore...but with the 239 bell. Which leadpipe do you all think it will work better? anyway, here the trumpets i have at this moment: Bach strad Bb-ML 37-7 leadpipe; bach C 229/Large-bore/25H silver ; bach C 229/Large-bore/25H , raw brass ; Couesnon Monopol Flugelhorn Bb; selmer D/Eb ; Scgerzer piccolo 8112 ; Getzen eterna severinsen Bb ; Yamaha 6310Z Bobby Shew ; Getzen eterna Bb cornet large-bore. Thanks to you all. M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: