• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I just can't figure this one out...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMacDaddyTPO
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: I just can't figure this one out... Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3761621252&rd=1

I'm not planning on buying anything, but is this legit? It looks like an exact copt of a Strad, down to the valve casings, and even the case.

So is it an Indian POS or legit?
WAKeele
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you got me on this one. I wonder if it's part of the ever growing world of Conn/Selmer?!?
Handguard once believed to be used by Arban
$10,000 Stoneline mute bought on eBay
Don Key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that's a tough one. Google doesn't find anything for that name. It might as well have "Don Key Trumpet Company" stamped on the bell.

You may have found the only horn on the internet that will benefit from the Szczesiul modifications.
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that seller used to be highly active in obtaining old, beater student horns and having them restored (maybe at the college in Minn. that teaches that stuff?) I know that way back when I watched a few of his auctions... they seemed to go in batches just around this time of year. He's still using the same handwriting on his ID cards!
Bill Scott
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"d guess it's a Chinese horn. The Asians are getting good at naming horns with 'American' type names that don't give away their origin.

On that note, I did find an 'Andersen' horn made in Asia that actually played well! The fellow who owns the local music store knows and hates most of the Chinese and Indian trumpets as much as most of us. Then, he found this line of horns made in Asia. I played the horn---solidly built, good valves, blows about like a Bundy. It's a good student horn for just under $300 and parts are available. The company also makes a very good copy of the Selmer Mark 6 saxaphone.

So, look for more Chinese horns without Asian sounding names. I'd expect sooner or later the quality will go up as well..............
There are two sides to a Trumpeter's personality: There is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is a trumpeter's fury. Then there's the Dark Side"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: