• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Benge 3C, Anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Benge 3C, Anyone? Reply with quote

My repair shop lost my old Bach 7C when I had my tpt in the shop, so they let me pick another mouthpiece out of a box. I took the Benge 3C, which is pre-UMI, according to the repair tech.
Does anybody have any experience with this one? I wonder how it compares to the Bach 3c, whatever size that may be. Maybe it's an urban legend, but some say all Bach 3C's are not "created equal".
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest playing a real 3C. Mark Curry makes the best 3C on the market. If you dig the piece, you'll love the quality of Mark's work.
vic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the Curry, Dave. I play a Curry 5Z, which I really like in its own application.
I tried the 3Z but I seemed to have too much lip intrusion and was going very sharp on it. I may look into the 5BC or 3BC at some point.
That Benge 3C was just a spare, but I wanted some background on it. If it works for me then it is a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: