• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Gold Plated Schilke B-1 At WWBW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhothorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Gold Plated Schilke B-1 At WWBW Reply with quote

Woodwind & Brasswind now owns my former custom Gold plated Schilke Model B-1 trumpet. It has no scratches; no dents and was originally purchased in 1997. The valves have been adjusted by Bob Reeves. this is a gorgeous horn ... I played the Wayne Bergeron Kanstul and just fell in love with it. I felt the Schilke B-1 was a little larger than what I was wanting for my Monette mouthpiece. They gave me $1200.00 on the trade in. Anyone wanting a really nice gold plated Schilke would be very proud of this horn.
Tom LeCompte
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it (or was it) really satin gold? (That's what WWBW says) If so, where did you have the work done?

It will be interesting to see if WWBW gets their asking price on this.
Redhothorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom ...

The gold plating is a mixture of satin gold and regular gold plating. It was done by Pettifors and they did a great job. WOW! You're right Tom! $3,000.00! T hey gave me $1200.00 and the horn was bought (by me) in 1997. It is in immaculate condition (no dents, dings or scratches) ... even the guy at Pettifors commented that I had kept it in fantastic shape. The picture is my horn ... it also has a special Schilke inscription on the lead pipe I had them do ... and it has had a Reeves Valve alignment. It's a great horn ... I just fell for the Kanstul Bergeron Model and wanted a change.
mulligan stew
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man...that's a gorgeous Schilke. You should have Ebayed it, dude! they stole it from you!

https://vectortrio.bandcamp.com/
Seinman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it looks like it is $2495, the $3000 price is for a new one. I agree, I would have sent you a brand new Wayne Bergeron as a straight swap on this. Did you have to pay any extra on top of giving them the Schilke?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: