• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Apology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Apology Reply with quote

I've twice placed my Lawler Trumpet on Ebay and I've decided not to sell it. I've come to the conclusion that it just isn't worth the hastle and that my appraisal of the instrument is higher than what it is worth so I might as well keep it. I hope all interested parties will forgive my inconsistancy.

Regards,
Tim

camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. If you can keep it, keep it.

I was actually thinking to myself that there was your Lawler, somebody else had a Conn V1 in the marketplace for $850 and a couple of other top end trumpets at what is really very little money. And then somebody would post something like 'I need to upgrade my trumpet'....what do people expect? A $2000 trumpet for free? Gees, as a breed we need to get a reality check...try buying any other musical instrument (maybe with the exception of a guitar) and see what it costs you.

Rant over.

Regards,

Trevor
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, your decision makes perfect sense to me. I had a new Schilke B1 for only one year before I managed to get my hooks onto an Eclipse. Tonight I decided to take the Schilke to our trumpet choir and was reminded all over again why I too had "second thoughts" a while back when I'd been tempted to trade it in for a new flugelhorn. It's a "keeper" and I'd never get my estimation of it's true worth out of it in a resale.
2ndchair
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not all that impressed but then again I was ready willing and able to buy the horn at the advertised price.

On the other hand the seller certainly has the right to change his mind. It's a free country and he just had a change of heart.

Horns end up in the marketplace, on ebay or whatever and the market sets the price. If a V1 will bring $850.00 on a given day then that's all it's worth that day. Used horns are worth whatever the market will pay. Just today I sold a horn way too cheap. I thought I needed the money to fund another purchase so it was worth it to me. The other deal didn't work out so well but such is life.

Personally I'm glad used horns take a depreciation hit since those of us who are interested can afford more of them. I really like getting something new to play from time to time. All the more so if I don't need to float a loan to make it happen!

As to the seller above I'm sure he made a choice based on sound reasoning and good judgement. Or maybe that wee small voice that says he'll really miss that horn someday if he lets it go. Whatever, if he's happier with the horn than without it then it all worked out just fine.
shastastan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have to face reality. Your horn is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it--in the horn or any other marketplace. You might end up selling it someday for more than you could have sold it on ebay. I bought an inexpensive used horn on ebay when I came back. Then I got a used Getzen Eterna so decided to sell the first horn. I took it into the shop to get the small slide fixed since it was loose. I commented that I didn't want to spend much on repairs and was planning on selling it on ebay. The shop bought my horn on the spot for what I originally bought it for on ebay. It was a bach tr300 and they will probably sell it for more than I could have got for it on ebay. I came out even so I'm happy.

Stan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: