• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Day of Trumpets Video Clips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Reaban
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Yamaha Day of Trumpets Video Clips Reply with quote

I’m posting this in several forums because I feel it’s extremely important for everyone to see.

I can’t wait to get home! I just received a message from Jeff Hawley at Yamaha regarding the Yamaha Day of Trumpets that was held in New York last December. The line up of clinicians that they had arranged to present was very exciting to me, and I was frustrated to live across the country and miss something like this.

Well, Yamaha has done a great service for everyone, and I encourage all of you to visit their Yamaha Artist Model web site and click on the “Launch” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.

They have video clips of each of the clinicians (Bob Malone, David Krauss, Robert Sullivan, Michael Mossman, Chase Sanborn, and Jim Thompson). Based on all that I have read about these players and experienced first hand with David Krauss at the ITG Conference, this is an absolute must for all players to view.

Since I am at work, I can’t really look at these in any depth (don’t want to blast orchestra excerpts out of my work area for all to hear), but the titles of each of the video clips are very intriguing Jim Thompson – Tone, Resonance, and Overtones and David Krauss – Your Biggest Asset is Your Sound.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time listening to these marvelous players / teachers. You will be well rewarded if you can incorporate their ideas into your playing!

I can’t wait to get home! Oh, I said that already.

Enjoy!
MalinTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek:
I wasn't able to get it on the extra slow dial up service that I have at home. I will try again when I go back to school.

The principal of the school I teach in allowed me to attend Trumpet Day as a professional day. This means I got paid for going(!!!!!). He actually realizes that everything that improves my playing also makes me a better teacher. He's pretty cool. Trumpet Day was great.

Interesting: Some of the clinicians like their older Yamahas better than the new Artist s.
Larry Malin
MrAndy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for the link.
robert_white
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, Derek! Thanks for the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: