• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet players that smoke?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of you smoke?
yes
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
no
68%
 68%  [ 71 ]
i used to but i quit
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
i am mainly a social smoker
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 104

AceTrumpeter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny...the "debate" started when one person complained about someone smoking in the bathroom (there's not a bathroom in my school that doesn't smell like some kind of smoke, and it sucks). Yoder argued back against turning people in for smoking because it was their right to do what they wanted, pretty much. Yoder then agrees that the smoker does not have that right in a public setting that affects another person, which in the original case it obviously did affect another person.

So, arguing against turning the people that smoked in the bathroom in to authorities, but then saying that people should not smoke in the bathroom...are you saying we should just say "don't do that" and everyone will stay out of the bathroom and find somewhere else? That won't happen. So then, we just let them stay in the bathroom, where they infringe upon other's rights, I guess. Also, I don't agree at all with the logic that you could get hurt if you turn someone in, so you shouldn't turn them in.

General point: It's gotten really popular for some reason to completely go against society and the government. While the government and society and the views that are held by the two aren't at all perfect, there's no reason for you to assume yours are better when you've never experienced life governed by your views to make the comparison. Going against social norms means you think you have something better, but until you put it into practice you won't know what detrimental effects it will have. See: Communism. Great idea, doesn't work that well because someone will always get greedy.

I had some other points to make, but it's late...I forgot them while I was posting...meh...maybe later.

EDIT: I wonder how many lungs are donated to people that killed theirs with smoking rather than people that just had some bad luck with illness or some other accident...(not that we shouldn't give smokers transplants, but it would be nice if they never smoked in the first place and so never needed a new lung...)
deleted_user_c11c97e

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of times a week after 18 holes of golf me and the guys will smoke cigars and drink good 12-23yr old scotch into the wee hours of the morning.... not ever getting drunk, but comfy. I love a good cigar, my favorite at the moment is any El Ray del Mundo.
308WIN
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Wilder wrote:
A couple of times a week after 18 holes of golf me and the guys will smoke cigars and drink good 12-23yr old scotch into the wee hours of the morning.... not ever getting drunk, but comfy. I love a good cigar, my favorite at the moment is any El Ray del Mundo.

+1. Unitl I got my new job this year, I was a part-time tobacconist. I like a cigar and a pipe occasionally. You can get some pretty good Habanos in Germany. Try the Ramon Allones Specially Selected.

Rich

9/11/01 Never forget those who died. Never forget those who killed them.
Mr. Semman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been smoking a pipe of and on for nearly 30 years (no pun intended). I just found that it is easier to quit smoking a pipe than cigarettes. The plus side is that most people are not as easily offended by the odor. The down side is that I have dozens of pants, shortsand shirts with small burned holes in them.

Gary
Bach 5C
Bach 3C
BAA Bugler
308WIN
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Gary,
All my old "Tobacconist" clothes are in the same situation. Unfortunately for me though, since I smoke English and VA blends I don't get the "Oooooooh this makes the room smell like vanilla" comments.

rich

9/11/01 Never forget those who died. Never forget those who killed them.
ZionTrumpeter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does'nt smoking cause cancer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: