• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

lost etude

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon_the_Brasstist

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: lost etude Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of a recording called lost etude? I don't if it was published or what because I got it as a burnt cd, but it's like thirty etudes played by this guy on a cornet. This guy is incredible and I was wondering if anyone could tell me who it is and where I can find some of the etudes in print. I know the the first characteristic study from the arban book is on it and it is great to hear that be played so good.
Wrms
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Lost Etude Reply with quote

Is this it?;

Info off of the ITG site: http://www.trumpetguild.org/products/recordings/lostetude.htm

The Lost Etude of Theo Charlier

Artist: David Baldwin, trumpet

Compact disc. Arban and Charlier recorded in Ferguson Hall, University of Minnesota, August 28, 1996. Cafferelli recorded at Hamline United Methodist Church, St. Paul, Minnesota, May 19, 1991. Recording and editing by Russell Borud.

Repertoire:

Cafferelli, Reginaldo
16 Etudes de Perfectionnement

Arban, Jean Baptiste
14 Characteristic Studies

Charlier, Theo
Etude No. 37

Total playing time: 98:13. Liner notes contain extensive practice notes in English by David Baldwin. Production coordinator: Wad Weast. This CD was first produced by ITG in 2000 and was free to all members of the ITG during the 1999-2000 membership year. Now available with the purchase of a copy of the June 2000 ITG Journal. $13 plus $3 shipping/handling.

To order:

International Trumpet Guild
David C. Jones, Treasurer
241 East Main Street #247
Westfield, MA 01086-1633 USA
Felix c
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have it Its a Trumpet Jewel
PD its a Must Album for trumpeters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: