• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Serious trumpet-player survey toward doctoral thesis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredsalut

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Serious trumpet-player survey toward doctoral thesis Reply with quote

Dear fellow member of the international trumpet-playing community,

My name is Frederic Demers. I am a doctoral student in cornet performance at the Université de Montréal in Canada. The subject of my thesis is the following: “The various purposes and goals by today’s higher-brass instrumentalists of Herbert L. Clarke's Technical Studies.”

To that effect, I am striving to get in touch with as many trumpet and cornet players as possible to solicit their view on the subject by means of a short survey accessible via the Internet.

Your feedback is very precious to me and, thanks to the modern-day Internet, your assistance will allow me to benefit from a wide scope of sources. I believe the compilation of the results, which will be made available, will prove interesting to many brass players.

If you wish to take part in this Survey, simply send me a email at clarke@fred-demers.com and mention your name. I will then be sending you the Web address to the Survey along with an easy password.
• You are invited to answer the Survey even if you are not familiar with Clarke's Technical Studies.
• If you are familiar with Clarke's Technical Studies, please have your personal edition close at hand while answering the Survey.
• There are 16 questions and only four lend themselves to any elaboration.

I would be very grateful for you to complete the Survey as soon as possible because I have to finish my thesis for the 8th of July! I ever had 30 surveys completed.

I thank you in advance for your precious collaboration and I hope the Survey will be of interest to you and will arouse your curiosity.

Best regards,
--
Frédéric Demers
8256-b St-Denis Street
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H2P 2G6

home: 514-387-5826
pager: 514-614-0982
www.fred-demers.com
clarke@fred-demers.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: