• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Callet Jazz Flugelhorn - EBAY

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Callet Jazz Flugelhorn - EBAY Reply with quote

Looks like a decently priced Callet Jazz flugel with a Buy Now of $1200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64374&item=7328769573&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

You don't see these very often, so if you need a matching flugel for the Callet Jazz trumpet, I would jump on this one.

Good luck,
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atom_anderson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this guy is selling a bunch of nice horns at very reasonable buy it now prices. Have you dealt with this seller before?

-Atom
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Callet Jazz Flugelhorn - EBAY Reply with quote

Josh,
I'd be careful with this one! You know the saying..."if it looks to good to be true it probably is!! First of all his feeback rating isn't all that good. Secondly his prices, to me, actually seem rather low. He states he has to figure out how to put pics up for the flugel yet all of his other auctions have pictures of the item that's up for auction! It may be 100% legit ...personally I wouldn't take a chance!

Butch
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
rich
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like this guy must have been reading here and figured his initial $1200 was too low. Now it is listed as $1400 BIN.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never dealt with him before personally, and it looks like noone else had either as his feedback appears to be primarily as a buyer and not a seller.

His price has gone up to $1400 .... $1200 would have been quite the bargain. I still feel that the guy is legit though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the EBAY seller... The horns have gone up a bit on the BIN because I never used Ebay as a seller and realized after no activity that EBAY is like a slow play poker hand. With such a big gap a precisely placed low bid could screw me. I expected people to snatch them up right away. I edited the sale from 3 days to 5 and adjusted prices. They are still great prices and the horn pariculary the Callet JAzz Flugel is in Fantastic Condition.. I believe I now Set the 1st bid at the BIN and the Buy it now is a bit higher... I am getting the same fraud emails I used to get on the market place... Also even though I say only USA A bunch of people want me to ship to Australia and JApan ... I am afraid of getting Ripped off!!!
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Callet Jazz Flugelhorn - EBAY Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:

I'd be careful with this one! You know the saying..."if it looks to good to be true it probably is!! First of all his feeback rating isn't all that good. Secondly his prices, to me, actually seem rather low. He states he has to figure out how to put pics up for the flugel yet all of his other auctions have pictures of the item that's up for auction! It may be 100% legit ...personally I wouldn't take a chance!

I am a college graduate took me a few hours to get pic size right so I could load them via dial up I want the horns to sell. Sure I could wait for the perfect buyer but I do not need the cash to buy a Monette, my next horns are free Somebody might get this horn for 900.00 I should have raised the opening bid too but I did not.

As for my feedback, I have been a buyer only on EBAY until yesterday and those - feedbacks were on bad deals.
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just raised the opening bid on the Callet JAzz Flugel ... New Ebay Strategy ??? LoW BIN opening Bids If within 24hours no action bump prices up .... No Action in 48 Hours Bump up again .... I have one bid on my piccolo So that Auction is in play now
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell,

I have sold things on ebay to Australia and Japan with great success (all had great feedback). I have also sold items to Germany, Belgium and England with positive results. I would stay away from any other country and even if you do decide to sell to these countries be careful. A few years ago there was a guy in Japan who was buying a lot of Benges and I sold him two at one time. He sent me a Global Express Envelope with cash in it. A strange but profitable deal.

Mike
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure if the raising of the prices strategy is going to work. Your opening bid of $1175 on the flugel is almost as high as your Buy Now of yesterday ($1200).

You're going to raise them some more if people don't bid?
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ... if people bid the BIN is removed and the auction is in Play. Many people are watching so I figure some one will fire a bid at the lowest option put the auction in play and get the horn and I max my sale price
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I get for not taking advantage of that $1400 bin price on your Taylor.

bummer!

That's actually a neat idea with the price increase... you'll notice in my other post I was questioning it but now that you explained it makes total sense. Get those impulse people like me salivating.

Best,

Trent
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverse Ebay is working... Sold the CB Picc today and Also a Marcinkiewicz Cornet and a Bid is in on the Taylor .. I think I will leave the Jazz Flugel Where it is ..
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't really sell that picc for $560 did you?
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the CB piccolo was sold for 630.00 including shipping ... MAil Box Etc is a total rip off. The boxes they sell to fit horns go as oversize and are costing about 60/horn ... I am standing by my shipping charges but I am going to explore priority mail ... A guy needed the horn ASAP and I ended the Auction to him for 560 + 70 = 630
jsmn4vu
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Unnecessary post removed by author)

Last edited by jsmn4vu on Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
heavyharmonies
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmn4vu wrote:
Tuningbell wrote:
A guy needed the horn ASAP and I ended the Auction to him for 560 + 70 = 630

I thought that once there was a bid, then ending the auction early to sell to someone else was a violation of eBay rules.

It is not a violation if you are selling to the current high bidder. As a matter of fact, one of the selectable options when ending an auction early is to end it and sell to the high bidder:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

-Dan
heavyharmonies
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I initially didn't get the whole "no bids? jack the price" thing initially, it kinda makes sense. The only thing that gets me is that I MISSED GETTING THE CORNET FOR $200 LESS LAST NIGHT! AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's all good.

For those questioning or wondering if John is legit, he is. When I paid via PayPal, I included a note about how I was buying on the assumption that the haziness in the picture was due to either the horn needing a cleaning or camera issues, and that I was concerned that it might be due to plating wear.

Not 5 minues later I got an email from him with a phone number to call him. We chatted for about 15 minutes about the cornet, the other horns he had up on Ebay, his new endorsement deal (no I won't reveal with whom). He seems like a genuinely straightforward guy.

-Dan
jsmn4vu
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyharmonies wrote:
It is not a violation if you are selling to the current high bidder. As a matter of fact, one of the selectable options when ending an auction early is to end it and sell to the high bidder:

That's good to know. Reason I even mentioned it was because the $550 bid on the picc was mine.

Anyhow, congrats on your success!
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I learned about ebay today. If you end aution to highest bidder you do not get their MAX bid you get the next bid. I really excpected to shut it off early and get the price I wanted ... Anyway the horn was shipped off today to its new owner at the 560 + 70 price and yes it did cost me almost 70 to ship the horn... MAil Box etc is evil... Cost me a few hundred but another trumpet player will be able to play the horn .. I stand behind my deals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: