• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Should I call the police?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wispy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Should I call the police? Reply with quote

Note: My friends and I are minors.

Earlier tonight I went out for coffee with some friends. On the drive home, the driver of the car we were in illegally passed someone. The others in the car with me said the car we passed was signaling; I wasn't looking. When we arrived at the first house to drop someone off we all got out of the car. The man, in his 50s-60s, we passed earlier followed us drove up to us rolled down our window and without an ounce of civility, just let loose.

One by one he qusetioned us as to who was the driver because he knew the car we got out of was the one that followed us. After questioning us and not finding the driver because the driver was halfway in the house he then proceeded to threaten to call the police and stated how he knows where we live and has the liscence plates. When a person from inside the house heard the screaming that the guy was yelling at us the man from inside the house said what the hell is this guy doing. This angered the guy more in which he then said if we @#$# curse to him hell call teh @#$# police. Meanwihle another friend of ours pulled in to where we were. The man then screamed at her and said F@#$ this and F@#$ that and that he has kids living near here and he doesn't want us F@#$# idiots killing them.

He then drove to his home. We do not know the exact location, but it would be easy to figure out. So what exactly should we do?

P.S. The man was making such a scene that the family of the house we were at came outside to see what was going on.
________
Free Wordpress Themes

Last edited by Wispy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Podunkparte
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nutjob. Personally, I've been in a few situations like this, and I wouldn't call the police about it, yet. That's just me.

People on the road are way too touchy these days. Every other day there's another shooting on the freeway because somebody changed lanes without signaling or something.

Just the other day, I was driving down a 5 lane street, in the middle of the city. I'm in the left lane and some guy pulls out of a driveway into the suicide lane. I drive past him and start to slow down and stop behind a row of cars at a red light. I check my rearview and this guy is screaming, pointing, and flipping me off. Why?.... I have no idea. Now, I don't really have a lot of patience for stupid people like that, so I turned around and flipped him off. Well, what if that guy didn't like the look of my finger and decided he needed to come tell me about it?

Driving is scary lately. You never know who's going to follow you or start shooting.

Good luck, and I hope this guy takes a deep breath and forgets about some little mistake.
Lawler TL6-1A #822 -Satin silver w/ polished trim
Bach TR200 -OUCH!

Monette B6
Marcinkiewicz E14 Shew 1
Bach 3C
Schilke 14A4A
Tristan the man 2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road rage is a pretty big, and annoying problem these days. I wouldn't call the police, even if you weren't minors. Cops tend to favor older people over younger (can you blame them?), so I'd say just let it go.

Last time I got fipped off, I smiled and waved to the guy. But I think the best thing you can do in a situation like this is to just move on.
StradJapan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's so many crazies on the road, Lance. Especially in our neck of the woods.

At the same time, it's always important for the driver to be obeying the law. Keep 911 handy with you at all times.

I hope everything works out.

Seiji

www.RidgewoodBand.org - Treasurer
www.BergenYouthOrchestra.org - Vice President
AverageJoe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it go. Life is too short.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After it is all over you don't want to call the police.

However, the police should have been called while it was going on. Someone should have unobtrusively called so the man was unaware.

If he was that mad, any response, even a seemingly polite one could have caused him to react with violence.

IMHO, YMMV
ustacouldplay
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should tell your idiot friend to learn to stinkin' drive. It was, after all, their aggressive driving (illegal passing) that set this guy off. I know I have very little tolerance for drivers who feel the rules of the road are beneath them.

I've followed people several times but I don't yell and scream. Not only because I'm scared of people with guns but also because I carry one myself. Although I like to teach people lessons, it doesn't take much for a shouting match to lead to physical violence. So I prefer to wait until they leave the vehicle. Then I sneak in and use a valve-stem-puller to yank the valve-stems out of a couple of tires. Hehe. Quick, easy, not permanently destructive, but very effective.

At one point, I thought about printing up some fliers that said something like, "You can think about your driving while you're waiting on a tow-truck, retard." But I decided against it because a stack of those in my truck would just link me to the string of flattened tires around town. Not smart.

Again, tell your friend to learn to drive and leave the old man alone.
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police should have been called WHILE the incident was going on. Otherwise let it go. That man in his 50s to 60s sounds as though he needs
psychiatric help. People like that make me sick!

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

Podunkparte
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ustacouldplay wrote:
I think you should tell your idiot friend to learn to stinkin' drive. It was, after all, their aggressive driving (illegal passing) that set this guy off. I know I have very little tolerance for drivers who feel the rules of the road are beneath them.

I've followed people several times but I don't yell and scream. Not only because I'm scared of people with guns but also because I carry one myself. Although I like to teach people lessons, it doesn't take much for a shouting match to lead to physical violence. So I prefer to wait until they leave the vehicle. Then I sneak in and use a valve-stem-puller to yank the valve-stems out of a couple of tires. Hehe. Quick, easy, not permanently destructive, but very effective.

At one point, I thought about printing up some fliers that said something like, "You can think about your driving while you're waiting on a tow-truck, retard." But I decided against it because a stack of those in my truck would just link me to the string of flattened tires around town. Not smart.

So you carry a gun around with you? May I ask why?
Lawler TL6-1A #822 -Satin silver w/ polished trim
Bach TR200 -OUCH!

Monette B6
Marcinkiewicz E14 Shew 1
Bach 3C
Schilke 14A4A
Wispy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the replies guys. I guess, as the majority of the people agreed on, I will leave it alone . So far it seems the police haven't been called on the driver either so I'll consider it even .
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W209 HISTORY

jonalan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Podunkparte wrote:
So you carry a gun around with you? May I ask why?

Oh, please don't say "for protection".
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's what he carries condoms for.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We never know what is going on in a person's life . . . but we know how sometimes things in our own lives put us on edge or cause us to lose our temper at times.

I'd recommend that you just let it all go. The guy obviously had a REALLY bad day and the incident pushed him over the edge. Additionally, maybe he just lost his job . . . pushed out by a younger person. Heck . . . he could have gone "postal" and killed you all. Scary!

I can't imagine a lone, 50 year-old guy following a bunch of young men to confront them unless he was either armed with a gun . . . or temporarily insane with rage. In either case . . . NOT GOOD!

There are a lot of people either pushing up daisies . . . or languishing for the rest of their lives due to escalating an incident like you just experienced. Really, if you think about it, the things that happened are way too trivial to potentially have it alter your life and your future. He got cut off by your driver . . . and launched into profanity. Big deal.

If you guys had escalated things further either the guy could have gotten out and shot folks . . . or gotten out and gotten his butt kicked real bad. Either way someone is hurt or dies . . . and the "winner" goes to prison.

I applaude you for just "taking it" and letting the guy fade into the night. Unless he's crazy, he'll truly regret his actions tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wispy wrote:
Ok thanks for the replies guys. I guess, as the majority of the people agreed on, I will leave it alone . So far it seems the police haven't been called on the driver either so I'll consider it even .

Hi again,

Relax. That guy isn't going to call the police. They would just laugh at him as he whined like a little baby.

Your driver made an error in judgement . . . and then the guy turned into a screaming a____hole . . . stalking you all and shouting loud enough to disrupt the neighborhood.

Neither thing is worth a hill of beans in the long run.

I'll bet your driver learned a good lesson.

The other guy? What he did seems quite scary to me. I'll bet he had a gun . . . and he was totally unstable and out-of-control mentally during his rant. That's a very dangerous combination!

Tom
Yoder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was probably some PTSD Vietnam vet who had a bad day. Just be happy his wasn't carrying any heat.

Let go, and turn it into a good story!
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoder wrote:
He was probably some PTSD Vietnam vet who had a bad day. Just be happy his wasn't carrying any heat.

Let go, and turn it into a good story!

Yep . . .

We had one of those guys "snap" here in the county I live in a few years ago. He was just about to get off the Interstate to go home in a rural area when the deputy pulled him over. He was doing almost 90mph.

For the 21 year-old deputy, his happiest day of his life (his wife told him she was going to have a baby that morning) turned into his worst nightmare . . .

Exiting the ramp, the guy turned onto an isolated dirt road parallel to the Interstate and then stopped. He jumped out of the car in a rage and charged the sheriff's car, cursing the deputy severely about stopping him.

Alarmed, the deputy pulled his Glock .40S&W. This only enraged the guy more! "Go ahead and SHOOT ME DEAD, you S.O.B.," the man said as he advanced closer.

The deputy thought wiser and holstered the Glock, for the guy was unarmed, and pulled his ASP baton instead. Realizing the cop would use the baton if he got closer, the man turned calmly to walk back to his truck.

"You better be gone when I get to my truck or I'm gonna KILL you!," the guy shouted.

The young deputy then made a few fatal errors:

1. He remained at the side of his car rather than close the distance in case the guy reached for a gun.

2. He re-drew his Glock handgun rather than reach in and grab his .12 guage shotgun mounted next to his seat!

At this point the deputy could not shoot an unarmed man, could not take him down with the ASP . . . and was too far away to shoot accurately under stress in case the guy suddenly produced a gun.

THEN THE GUY CAME OUT BLAZING WITH A FULLY AUTO VERSION OF AN M-1 CARBINE, called the M-2 with, I believe, a 30 round clip. The deputy had no chance but to duck behind a car that couldn't stop the bullets and frantically wave his own gun and "spray and pray."

The poor 21 year old deputy was exposed and out-gunned by a guy with no intention of doing anything but killing the cop . . . no matter what.

Although the deputy was a fine marksman, a member of an elite drug interdiction force and active member of a gun club, he emptied his 15 rounds of 40 S&W, as well as his three backup clips . . . and was heard on the tape (there was a camera on his dash) telling his gun "SHOOT! . . . SHOOT!" a couple of times when the slide locked back from empty magazines.

Under the withering hail of rifle rounds, the poor deputy had both arms shot by the nut . . . both legs shot out from under him . . . and then got his nads shot off. The vet wanted to make the guy REALLY suffer before he killed him.

The deputy only hit the crazy guy once . . . a gut shot that only infuriated the man further.

The camera finally recorded the man calmly walking back to his door to reload his assault rifle one final time. Then the VietNam vet calmly walked over to the deputy and said, "Bye!" as he cranked the fatal round into the young man's skull.

The man gets in his truck and calmly drives off down the dirt road . . . to an isolated shack he lived in just down the road. As the camera records the truck driving off, the sirens from other law enforcement responders begin to be heard on the microphone.

They caught him in the woods at sun up the next day . . . cold and scare d that he would die from the wound to his intestines.

WE ARE PEACEFUL BEINGS . . . living in a world with a few nuts. It is almost inconceivable that someone would will to kill people in such cold-blooded ways . . . but it happens at many places on the globe each hour.

I'm glad the original poster didn't cause the guy who cussed them out to go over that edge!!!

Tom
Yoder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, you see--a big ass story, and everyone loves to hear stories!
Wispy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your great posts Tom. Truly appreciated.
________
Motorcycle Tires

40cal
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ustacouldplay wrote:

Wow, that has got to be one of the stupidist things I have heard in a long time. If you are carrying a gun legally you have a responsibility to remove yourself from situations that may escalate. Then to sneak in and vandalize their car is just plain dumb and will get a gun screwed in your ear quicker than you can say "oh sh*t".
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:
No, that's what he carries condoms for.

LOL

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: