• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mouthpiece for Callichio Ultra 1s/7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hipster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Mouthpiece for Callichio Ultra 1s/7 Reply with quote

I recently acquired a Calicchio Ultra 1s/7 via EBay and discovered that only one of the mouthpieces I usually play on (Purviance 8a) actually fits the receiver "snugly". My Schilke mpcs (13B and 13A4A) all slide in almost to the base of the cup before coming to rest on the small lip/edge inside the receiver. Is there a mpc that would fit this reciever better and still be playable on other horns or is there some sort of attachment/tweak I could do to either my mpcs or the reciever to allow other mouthpieces to fit snugly properly?
crzytptman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that there is a certain magic with Calicchio and Reeves mpcs. As you know, Reeves makes Purviance. Maybe what you're looking for is the Reeves sleeves system. Check the website.
- TH member and advertiser (name withheld)
Vessehune
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1s/7 and I haven't had this issue. The mouthpieces I have had the best luck with have been GR's and Marcinkiewicz.
Hipster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vessehune wrote:
I have a 1s/7 and I haven't had this issue. The mouthpieces I have had the best luck with have been GR's and Marcinkiewicz.

I should add that I don't have this issue with my 1s/2. I suspect the issue is due to the 'heavy' thick tubing mouthpiece reciever on the Ultra line.
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Mouthpiece fit Reply with quote

Schilke mouthpieces were designed to fit flush with the leadpipe of a Schilke trumpet. Your Purviance shank is the same as a Reeves #4 which has a wider ID so it doesn't go in as far.

One solution would be to have Reeves cut your Schilke pieces for sleeves or you could have the tops threaded for Warburton backbores and use the "B" shank backbores which are the same as the Reeves #4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: