• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Parke trumpet mouthpieces?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicfourlife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Parke trumpet mouthpieces? Reply with quote

Has anyone out there played a Parke Trumpet Mouthpiece and what is the feedback? thank you
BuckTrump
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Parke. Been playing on it about a year now. I finally achieved the sound I wanted on this piece. Granted, the search hasn't been long (I'm still in college) - the product I get on it is great!

Now I am not sure if they are still doing it, but I think you can rent-to-own for $1/day.

Ben
whatsatrumpet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, I just got mine 2 days ago. A very well made piece. (Keep in mind, however, since I got nearly the same mouthpiece I was playing before, it wasn't a big jump.)

The only problem with Parke is that they are expensive given that it's hard to find a place to try one (unless you live in LA).

...anyways... I am pretty happy with the Parke Merkelo. Is is the best thing since sliced bread? Of course not. I would highly suggest you find a size that works for you (specifically an exact rim size and shape) before committing to it, but if you're like me, and played somewhere around a 1.5 or 1.25C, then it's a great mouthpiece (Merkelo, that is).

p.s. It seems a bit deeper - more like a 1.25B.

Mike
Parsifal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Parke! I play a Merkelo 630 rim and 285 cup with a 24 throat and backbore. It gives me just what I want, and deep rich sound with sparkle on top. My mouthpiece is made from bronze and I feel I can hear a difference from a brass piece. I just ordered a new 620 Merkelo rim out of bronze just to experiment a little. I also think Dianne Parke gives great service.
BStrad43
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine for about a year now and love them. They allow me to get the sound I want and they make me feel like I am singing instead of buzzing.

For my b-flat: Merkelo 650bronze rim, 650-270-24 cup, and Merkelo Backbore 24 throat.

C/D/E-flat Merkelo 650bronze rim, 650-265-24 cup, and their version of a Bach 10 (3C backbore) and 24 throat.

Kevin
BuckTrump
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I haven't heard much about bronze rims for some reason...I missed the memo, I guess. What's the difference with them?
BStrad43
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the rim that they sent to try and liked it and that happen to be the bronze one. A few months later a friend of mine was trying out their mouthpieces and had the same rim style but in copper. I liked it too. I never played their brass rim to tell the difference. What I know now, I would have loved to tried the mouthpieces with all the possible combinations of metals and plastics (I think that make a plastic rim). Who knows, maybe I would have liked the brass rim with copper cup and bronze backbore. or plastic rim with everything else copper.

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: