• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

replacement leadpipe for Getzen Severinsen trumpet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfinton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: replacement leadpipe for Getzen Severinsen trumpet? Reply with quote

What are the options for leadpipe replacements for a 1973 Getzen Eterna Severinsen model trumpet?

My horn has a serial number in SK19xxx. It's in great shape, except for pitting in the leadpipe. I've heard that the Getzen 700S leadpipe is a nice replacement because it has the same taper, in gold brass, which warms the sound. On the other hand, I've heard that the original nickel-silver pipes respond quicker. Are there other possibilities?

I might just decide that I really want to save up for a Bach Strad. I'm not a jazz or lead player, and I'd like a horn with more body to the sound and more balance to the brightness. One way to go about that would be to try to "fix" the Getzen with a different pipe. On the other hand, it might make more sense not to try to change the nature of the horn but fix it up and keep it around for occasions when I want a more commercial sound.

Opinions??
MFMeow
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Brett Getzen will weigh in on this -- but I'm pretty sure that the current Getzen 900 Eterna Classic is a remake (per original specs) of the original Getzen Severinsen. Whatever pipe they are using on that horn may be your best choice (if you want to keep it "original").

Kirsten
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current 900 pipe is made to the same specs as the original. In fact, it might even be drawn on one of the original mandrels, but I'm not certain.

If you want one, just have your local repairman order it from Allied Supply. Make sure he tells them he wants the pipe for a 900 Eterna Classic.

Brett Getzen

Follow Getzen on:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/getzencompany/

Twitter https://twitter.com/GetzenCompany

If you have a question please feel free to email me at brett@getzen.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: