• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bernhard W. Schmidt of Markneukirchen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Bernhard W. Schmidt of Markneukirchen Reply with quote

Has anyone played one of these trumpets? They appear to be made in Markneukirchen, Germany. I'm interested in any reviews about them.

(and as cool as you might feel calling them cheap Chinese junk, please substantiate any such statements or don't waste anyone's time)

https://www.schmidt-brass.de/englisch/brass-instruments-trumpet-piston-valve.htm

Thanks
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Connstellation 7B-N mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece

www.jazzscales.org

The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A colleague of mine got hold of a Schmidt rotary piccolo quite a while ago. Looked just like a Scherzer, played very very well, just like a Scherzer.

If they are made to order and he is a genuine boutique maker still, then they are good horns.How good? It will depend on that particular horn...

cheers

Andy
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Del wrote:
A colleague of mine got hold of a Schmidt rotary piccolo quite a while ago. Looked just like a Scherzer, played very very well, just like a Scherzer.

If they are made to order and he is a genuine boutique maker still, then they are good horns.How good? It will depend on that particular horn...

cheers

Andy

Andy, I think the piccolo you might be thinking of is from Martin Schmidt.

This website is associated with the Werner Christoph Schmidt mouthpieces, which I have yet to hear any disparaging remarks about. Haven't hear anything about the horns but I would assume it's a small maker much like many in that area
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: