• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

FInke Straight Pic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchs3d
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: FInke Straight Pic Reply with quote

I've been looking for a pic. I love the sound of the Scherzer rotary, and would love to buy one for the right price, but $4K is far out of my league. I saw this for sale, and my first reaction was "what the heck?" I've read some good stuff about it, though. Has anyone any experience with this instrument? Is it easy to play (nevermind hold!)?

http://www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=62971&s=Finke-Rotary-Picc
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years and years ago in college, when talking about rotary piccolos, my teacher mentioned he had one of these as his first picc tpt.

He called it 'stinker' instead of Finke, as the intonation was so terrible...

That may be the individual horn, or the design, or the brand... See if you can try it out. One thing for sure, it's not a Scherzer, so it will most likely not sound like a Scherzer!

Cheers

Andy
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*trumpet* has six posts over six years. While it is possible to sort through the tens of thousands of posts returned when you search for his posts in order to read those six, it really isn't practical. ('*' is a wildcard character so you get all of the posts by any user with "trumpet" in their user name)

If it were me I would spend some time making sure of the transaction if I decided to purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: