• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry TC Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryj1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Curry TC Mouthpiece Reply with quote

Curry TC Model

For anyone who favors deep mouthpieces, the Curry TC (i.e. trumpet/cornet) model really delivers the goods. I’ve been playing the piece for two weeks now. The tone is huge with a breathtakingly gorgeous quality. The hybrid TC design produces the round, lyrical timbre usually associated with traditional cornet music while retaining the raw power and brilliance of a trumpet.

Needless to say, the mouthpiece might prove utterly impractical in demanding settings where extreme range and endurance were critical factors. But in forty years of trumpet playing, I can honestly say that I have never heard a more beautiful sound coming out the bell of my medium large bore Besson. What an amazing design!

Barry

Last edited by barryj1 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Mark is doing some amazing things. The TC has been covered many times and everyone seems to really like it. I need to add one to my collection...

As an aside, he sent me a bunch of new mouthpieces to try out for different situations and I'm having trouble deciding! They all play well but a little differently, and fit different styles. For now, I'm playing a couple that seem right to get through a bunch of gigs in the next few weeks, then plan to spend a little more time trying them all out. A plethora of riches!

Thanks Mark,
Don
Louisiana_man51

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Curry Mouthpieces Reply with quote

I definitely agree; Mark has a Great Line of Mouthpieces, and what he doesn't have in his line he can custom make for you. Like you he sent me a bunch of different mouthpieces to try. I settled on the 3DE for jazz, and the TF cup for symphonic playing. I use his 3P Cornet mouthpiece for Dixieland, and for Piccolo Trumpet. I've now swapped to the GR 56.6S for jazz, but still practice with the 3DE. Its just a little bit bigger than the 65.6, and helps develop my chops a little better, because of its anchor point - I think?! Merry Christmas All
frenchtoaster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Curry mouthpiece would you guys recommend for a warmer, little darker sound for symphonic playing?
Randall Nelson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I often play the 5TC on trumpet (and cornet) but also have and would highly recommend the 5DC. It's a little deeper than his normal C cup in the line and provides a traditional rich sound and will "light up" even easier for me than the TC does.

I use my cornet shank 5DC with an adapter to play on the trumpet, but Mark will make the DC in trumpet shank if you ask him. I had him make a 8.5 DC in trumpet shank but since then moved to a larger diameter mpc..... my 8.5 DC trumpet is for sale in the marketplace.
Kanstul French Besson Marvin Stamm
Lawler C7
Getzen Custom 3051 LB RL
barryj1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing a 3DC for many years in a variety of musical settings. A versatile trumpet mouthpiece with a bowl-shaped cup, it delivers a warm, solid tone. My TC model plays like the DC (deep cornet) on steroids - incredibly rich and resonant.

Barry
mpo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking with Mark about concerns on sizing I have ordered a 3TC. Hopefully I will get it this week and I can post some recordings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: