• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jerry at West Chester Trumpet Festival!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Jerry at West Chester Trumpet Festival! Reply with quote

Jerry and I will be exhibiting at the West Chester Trumpet Festival, Feb 7th and 8th (just outside Philadelphia). Please come by and say hello. And, check out the SIMA trumpet plus the SC2 mouthpieces and MSC DVDs.

Lots of great performers and master classes too!

Hope to see you there. - Kyle

http://www.wcutrumpetfest.com/index2.htm
tptguy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder - West Chester Tpt Festival is this weekend. I will be manning the Callet booth Saturday and Sunday. Jerry is booked at his studio on Saturday, but he will be at our booth all day Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. Best to all, Kyle
ALLCHOPS
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find him just listen for the highest notes in the room!

Have a great festival!

Tony
https://soundcloud.com/tony-gambaro
Schilke S42 - 50th Anniversary
Greg Black Mouthpieces 12 S
Trum Peter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kyle,
I plan on stopping by on Thursday to try out the SIMA again and say hi. Was wondering if it is kosher to try the SIMA with the MSC 2 mouthpiece, without buying one? Last time (Maryland Trumpet Day) I just used my own mouthpiece, but after reading some things here, I would be curious to see how the MSC2 works on the horn. Thanks in advance and see you on Saturday!
Peter
tptguy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, In addition to SIMAs, I will have SC2 mouthpieces and MSC DVDS. Of course, you are welcome to try a SC2 with a SIMA - or with a lesser horn too. :>)

See you Saturday! - Kyle
goldenhornplayer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle--I imagine you're going to do a write-up on the Festival for the website but could you just give us a quick summary of the event along with any particularly interesting things that happened? Thanks-Ken B.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tptguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reception at the show was excellent. There were a lot of new people that had heard about the SIMA and were anxious to try it. I don't think anyone was disappointed! In addition to the ones that sold at the show, a number of people are saving up their pennies for asap. I'm sure everyone is getting tired of hearing me rave about the horn, but I continue to be amazed at the improvements in sound and intonation I'm hearing "out-front" from all kinds of players. I learn so much at every one of these shows; it's a real treat. This show was especially rewarding for me. Click here for some fun pictures:

http://www.callettrumpets.com/callet_sima_shows.htm

Due to Saturday lessons in NY, Jerry didn't arrive until late afternoon Sat, but true to form, he brought along a nice surprise. On the recommendation of some of his Las Vegas lead players playing both the SIMA and SC2 mouthpiece, Jerry had a half dozen of the mouthpieces made with 29 throats rather than 27. Jerry had tried 29s in the past on other mouthpieces, but without success. The balance just wasn't right. But, the SC2 loves the 29 throat. In addition to being easier to play, the mouthpiece actually opened up more! The SC2-29 was such a success (the first 6 sold immediately) that Jerry ordered 30 more. These should be available in about 2 weeks. Anyone near NY should plan on going to the studio and trying one out. And, I have one here in Philly for anyone in this area to try. It's sweet......!

Best to all, Kyle
terrys17
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kyle,

I was able to play just about every trumpet at wcu. I found some horns that were brighter and some that were darker sounding than the sima, but the sima has a unique sound -rich sounding with a resonant edge. (if that makes sense) I tried a-b comparisons a few times over that weekend and I always found that I preferred the sound on the sima. It also seems to slot differently -I played 1-2 octave glisses (up and down) and found that every note speaks very easily. Again, I could not find another horn with that same feel. Fast forward to this week -I just bought a sima (silver). This horn and the sc2 (both 29 and 27) are a great combination. You get the best results by playing with little air -the notes just pop out. It feels better each day as I get more comfortable with it -I can't wait until rehearsal Monday!
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: