• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

GR similar to Marcinkiewicz ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetangel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: GR similar to Marcinkiewicz ?? Reply with quote

Which GR mouthpiece is similar in size to the Marcinkiewicz Ingram?
WildCat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger's mouthpiece is quite small to normal standards (and actually a little on the tiny side within the realm of small mouthpieces as well). You could probably find something close to the diameter and depth, but the rim would likely be quite different. Ask brian Scriver about the "Groovin' High" model. Also, ask him the same question you did here too, as he knows a lot more about GR mouthpieces than I would. If he doesn't chime in on this thread, email the guy at info@grmouthpieces.com
B. Scriver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scriver chimin' in!

ES cup is close.

Just pick your diameter. 62-64-65-66 the 64, 65, 66 are in stock. The Ingram is perhaps closest to the GR 64ES. Marcink measures their cup diameters @ .032" down from the rim plane. That is GR's parameter r4. The 64ES @ r4 is .651", same as the Marcink Ingram. The ES is a killer mouthpiece.

Brian Scriver
grmouthpieces.com
agolden
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyctrumpeter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bri,

Thats what i play, the ingram. It is closest to the Giard 12 rim's, which is what it is based off of. I use that for middle of the road stuff and a custom shallow piece for real screamin stuff. I tried the 62 rim and it felt the closest. In fact at a previous ITG or Brass Conf, the 62Z** was the closest for comfort and size and cup depth and compression.
B. Scriver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! The 62 was closest to YOUR previous mouthpiece. Without seeing you in person, I can only give some guidelines to go by when trying GR Mouthpieces. I don't know if a particular player is pulling chop out of the cup, has a messed up horn, or has a mouthpiece that is not even close to how it should be.

Different alpha angles, rim contours, and blow resistance also come into play here. While the Ingram and the GR 64ES have similar cup diameters, that's where the similarities end. The 64ES will allow for more chop room and less blow resistance but with a very high compression cup. The difference in blow resistance will allow a different amount of lip to engage the cup, which will give you a different feeling as compared to the old mouthpiece.

I am thrilled that you like the 62. Bri

Brian Scriver
www.grmouthpieces.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: