• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What from Encyclopedia to work on first.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gillestar1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Really enjoying the Encyclopedia so far, but wondering what to concentrate on. Too much at a time will just confuse me....)
My breathing is close to correct, but my posture is way off. I was thinking I would work on breathing correctly and playing from the #2 position at first. What do the teachers or one more experienced with Doc's teachings think? Is this a good place to start?

Kurt
Gillestar1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.- When I say my breathing is correct, I mean close considering my posture. I am breathing in with my corners and not resetting my embouchere, and also going right from breathing into the attack.

Kurt
airdyn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gillstar1,
Although it is somewhat unusual to use the Encylopedia as a "starter' in the Pivot System ( #1. choice, go to a qualified teacher of the P.S. and #2. Have The Manual of Studies AND The Concone Studies of Doc for "written" exercises), here is my recommendation:
Obviously, read Encyclopedia up to page 191, where "type discussions" commence. Start (as blowing procedures)on page 167, learning the rules of Buzzing and perfecting Buzzing Routines 1 and 2. Spend at least a month on this.
Simultaneously, perfect the Sensation Theory on page 13.

Read and get into the subconscious the 35 basic points of The Pivot System starting on page 229.
Do the Trio of Daily Calesthenics every day!(found in the index).

Continue playing etudes of your choice that include balanced tonguing,slurring, modes of articulation...high,low, loud and soft.

Make notes of your progress as the buzzing and normal playing begin to merge as noticed in the etudes.

Any thing else, post here on the Forum and get more guidance.

Dave S.
Gillestar1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave....#2 seems like a strange choice since I haven't even seen these "publications" mentioned anywhere.....nor did you mention them in our phone conversation.

I will try to apply what you have suggested......thanks!

Kurt

[ This Message was edited by: Gillestar1 on 2003-05-19 16:51 ]
Gillestar1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Gillestar1 on 2003-05-19 16:51 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: