• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need Tips!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played trumpet for two years now. I've had problem with pressure age ago. I was ok for a time but about 2 month ago, i had a 2 day musical clinics and i played too much and i played new high note to me. Now, im bakc with that f*cking pressure problem, tip to learn again the air stream would be appreciated. I really need to rebuild my trumpet skill cause i have trumpet exam in 1 month. if someone have any routine or exercise to share online please send them to nicolasmarcotte@hotmail.com
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some Caruso exercises may be the fastest way to add to your range and secure what you already have. I doubt that 30 days is going to be enough time for any earth based method to help you much, but you can get started with some Caruso (for free) by going to,

http://www-it.hive.no/oj/musikk/trompet/artist/friedrich/seminar/caruso.html

Follow directions closely. Most of the instructions are fairly accurate EXCEPT for the direction to relax pressure between intervals on the Seconds while breathing. Pressure should be maintained throughout the breathing activity. This can be substantiated by getting the book "Musical Calisthenics For Brass" by Carmine Caruso, plus the instructions will be a better stated. But the above site is pretty good for free!

Good luck,

Charles Raymond

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-01-05 21:52 ]
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank, i hope this will help. I pratice about 1h every day so i hope ill be ready!
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing some long tone exercises to develop control of your airstream. Start on 3rd space C and start with a pp breath attack and then crescendo/decrescendo holding the note as long as possible. Then go up 1/2 step to C# repeat, down to B repeat, up to D repeat, down to Bb repeat, etc. Gradually increase your range until you are unable to go any higher or lower. This is a very boring exercise, but it will really help.

Remember to rest as long as you play. It is helpful to do this exercise with a friend, start with the note, the friend then plays the note, then continue trading back and forth. This will help you take enough breaks.
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank again for the tips
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya tx a lot, ill be passing my exam in about 2 week now, my range is back and better, better sound, more corner muscle, i can hit high C and pedal F. my tongue is faster and all. i think i have never learn so fast so thank to you for you tips, and a special tx to caruso 6 note study. i did help me alot and still help me. I hope i wont fail my exam. i just need to refresh music theorie and to learn by heart most of major/minor scales. Btw, do anyone have trick to remember the frecking melodic minor scale????? it is pissing me off!

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
jdh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing I always think of when playing all my melodic minor scales. (if you have done all your majors and natural minors, this will be simple) OK, just break the scale into 4 note groups, two groups going up and two going down. Now just play the first four notes in minor, the second four in major and the last two in minor. It helps me to just break it up into something I already know well.

[ This Message was edited by: CYSOtrumpet on 2002-01-28 01:26 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: