• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Time for Grad School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandon14020

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Time for Grad School Reply with quote

So I going to graduate from my undergrad very soon and it's time for me to start thinking about where I'd like to go to grad school. I would like to be a trumpet performance major, and hopefully get an assitantship that would cover most/all my expenses. I know that I'm not going to land in a conservatory style place, but I'm curious to get some suggestions from you guys/gals. So any places you'd like to add to the list, maybe some places that people don't normally think of. Thanx everyone.
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the ITG website under "employment." Graduate assistantships are posted there. Good luck!
brandon14020

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow actually never even thought of that...thanx
jwtrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had gone assistantship searching beginning about a year ago. It's been a very wild ride. Remember that posted assistantship positions on the ITG website will likely have higher competition than those that are not as highly advertised. Make sure you don't give up hope too. I had plans to go to Miami University (OH) with an assistantship and it was quite promising. When it was all said and done, the department only had seven assist positions and the trumpet studio wasn't even granted one. He was expecting two this year. Yesterday was the decision deadline for grad school admission. I got an e-mail or a phone call from virtually every school with a last minute offer. I will be going to University of Louisville this fall because they came up with a part-time assistantship worth half-tuition. Let me know if I can assist you in your journey to grad school.

Schilke P5-4 piccolo trumpet
Lawler Ps1 - Bb and C

MM Trumpet Performance - Univ. of Louisville
BM Music Education - Univ. of TN Chattanooga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: